The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 146 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Make no mistake about it.

JPJ will be the Phinz 1st round pick
I will cheer like crazy if it happens. Maybe even streak naked around the block. JPJ is the sort of player who elevates an OL's attitude.
I liked some of the things some of the scouts who Bob McGinn interviewed said: (As with all the players McGinn got info on, the scout's comments are all over the place. As varied as the four seasons. ) But it sounds like on the field he has some Incognito to him.

1. JACKSON POWERS-JOHNSON, Oregon (6-3 ½, 326, no 40, 1-2): Two offensive linemen in this draft refused to run the 40 both at the combine and their pro days: JC Latham and Powers-Johnson. “We didn’t really like the makeup,” said one scout. “Arrogant. Not your typical offensive lineman mentality.” Made two starts on offense as a true freshman and just one in 2022 before becoming a starter and capturing the Rimington Award as the nation’s leading center in 2023. “He’s ready made,” a second scout said. “Throw him in there and he’ll go to the Pro Bowl. He’ll kick people’s ass. Powers has played guard, center, and tackle but he looks like a natural center.” Arms were 32 ¼, hands were 9 7/8. “He’s going to get overdrafted,” a third scout said. “This is all based on five reps at the Senior Bowl. He looked good in the one on one’s and people got all excited. I don’t think he’s going to cut it at the end of the day. This kid is a little bit of a head case. The guy rolls up on him, he goes on the ground. They cart him off and 10 minutes later he’s back on the field. He’s the boy that cries wolf. I didn’t think he fit the wide zone for teams that are running that scheme. He’s a big mauler up top. How many times did he snap, move, get into the guy, finish the block in a good, clean bounce? Not many. It’s all really rough around the edges.” A fourth scout called him “quirky,” adding, “So when teams interviewed him it kind of depends how he came off. Not a bad kid or anything, just kind of a different kid.” From Draper, Utah. “Everybody tries to kill him because of certain things but he plays football the way it’s supposed to be played: tough,” a fifth scout said. “He’s a prick. So what? Can’t you be a prick? Who cares? He’s playing for your team. Everybody tries to kill him on his makeup. His makeup isn’t that bad.” Just turned 21 in January. “That combination of strength, movement, grit and toughness, there’s zero chance you miss on that guy,” a sixth scout said. “Is he a little out of control, a little spazzy at times? He only played center one year. Is he really a center between the ears, which is a huge part of it? Can he run the huddles, identify the mike? Can he correct mistakes and tell the guards what to do? I don’t know, but a center like that is gold to me.”

I will cheer like crazy if it happens. Maybe even streak naked around the block. JPJ is the sort of player who elevates an OL's attitude.
I liked some of the things some of the scouts who Bob McGinn interviewed said: (As with all the players McGinn got info on, the scout's comments are all over the place. As varied as the four seasons. ) But it sounds like on the field he has some Incognito to him.

1. JACKSON POWERS-JOHNSON, Oregon (6-3 ½, 326, no 40, 1-2): Two offensive linemen in this draft refused to run the 40 both at the combine and their pro days: JC Latham and Powers-Johnson. “We didn’t really like the makeup,” said one scout. “Arrogant. Not your typical offensive lineman mentality.” Made two starts on offense as a true freshman and just one in 2022 before becoming a starter and capturing the Rimington Award as the nation’s leading center in 2023. “He’s ready made,” a second scout said. “Throw him in there and he’ll go to the Pro Bowl. He’ll kick people’s ass. Powers has played guard, center, and tackle but he looks like a natural center.” Arms were 32 ¼, hands were 9 7/8. “He’s going to get overdrafted,” a third scout said. “This is all based on five reps at the Senior Bowl. He looked good in the one on one’s and people got all excited. I don’t think he’s going to cut it at the end of the day. This kid is a little bit of a head case. The guy rolls up on him, he goes on the ground. They cart him off and 10 minutes later he’s back on the field. He’s the boy that cries wolf. I didn’t think he fit the wide zone for teams that are running that scheme. He’s a big mauler up top. How many times did he snap, move, get into the guy, finish the block in a good, clean bounce? Not many. It’s all really rough around the edges.” A fourth scout called him “quirky,” adding, “So when teams interviewed him it kind of depends how he came off. Not a bad kid or anything, just kind of a different kid.” From Draper, Utah. “Everybody tries to kill him because of certain things but he plays football the way it’s supposed to be played: tough,” a fifth scout said. “He’s a prick. So what? Can’t you be a prick? Who cares? He’s playing for your team. Everybody tries to kill him on his makeup. His makeup isn’t that bad.” Just turned 21 in January. “That combination of strength, movement, grit and toughness, there’s zero chance you miss on that guy,” a sixth scout said. “Is he a little out of control, a little spazzy at times? He only played center one year. Is he really a center between the ears, which is a huge part of it? Can he run the huddles, identify the mike? Can he correct mistakes and tell the guards what to do? I don’t know, but a center like that is gold to me.”

He looks like a jet in that photo. Hard pass 😂

Reacher is so awesome!!!

Also Suits was one I binged when it netflix. Love it too. Harvey was my favorite in the shower

I guess there’s going to be a Suits: LA sometime soon, starting Stephen Amell, he was so good in Arrow

Ya Harvey is a bad ass. I just finished season 5 so I’m kind of nervous to continue, **** got real.

Louis Litt is also an incredibly unique character, I’ve never hated/loved/hated/loved/hated/loved a character so much.

Reacher is on another level of bad ass. I feel bad for every single person who hasn’t watched that show.

Back
Top Bottom