The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 160 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

The Xavior Worthy smokescreen is funny.... but omg if Worthy, Hill, Waddle and Achane were on the field together.... how does anyone stop that? I need to get back to reality.

Slap Stop It GIF by Far Cry 6

Snap myself out of this thinking
I doubt it's a smokescreen. I expect he's on Miami's board. I doubt he's at the top of their board, but I'd guess he's an option if the Ts and Edges are gone.

You have to look at who he's had at TE. I don't think there's anything about his style of play that leads him to eschew TE's.

And I REALLY disagree about Bowers. After Maye, Williams, Harrison Jr, and Nabers, he's the best prospect in the class, and I only keep him out of that tier because he's a TE. His ability with the ball in his hands is second to none. As a True Freshman, he was the best player at Georgia, and he's been their best player the last three years. Imo deploy him like Cooper Kupp with some Deebo Samuel's touches sprinkled in. Kincaid isn't nearly as dynamic with or without the ball.

And, Pitts had 1,000 as a rookie despite bad QB play. Atlanta didn't really try to use his versatility; they just lined him up at X. With better QB play, and if he hadn't been banged up, that might have worked. Pitts is still a supreme talent. If he can stay healthy, I expect him to reach his All Pro potential.

No one really saw Hockenson like that. He ran like a 4.70 and was a major reach Top 10, but he is pretty good.
I suspect that if Bowers unexpectedly dropped to 21 he'd be on the Miami board.

Draft day is always fun and enjoyable. Tonight I'll be flipping back and forth between the draft and the somehow decent New York Knicks (famous last words).

Who is better at getting open, at the catch point, and with the ball in their hands? Or, who has a better combination of the three?

Imo after Harrison Jr and Nabers, no one.

People are stuck on him being a TE, instead of viewing him as a weapon. In reality a good coordinator is going to move him around on every play. I can't imagine he lines up as a TE more than 40% of the time.

I still feel the Jets would be stupid to neglect OT though.

The last couple of drafts I've not paid a lot of attention to. I'm criminally under educated on this one too. Still getting excited though for tonight, at least we have some interest in the first round. Just hope we do one thing and pick good players!

Back
Top Bottom