The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 189 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

Thats what I was thinking as well.

So I'm guessing our offer is $5-5.5M for one year.
I think that you factor these prices into your draft strategy... if you can get a competent, one year 3rd Receiver for 5-7m, why draft one early?
I'd take this same theory to my discussion about Chenal that I'm having with Clean. If you can find your run stopping ILB for 2/10m like we did with Long... why draft one until the third day?

To me, this forms the basis of value-based drafting. In a salary cap era, draft picks have to be spent of value generated.

So... OBJ's price is 7m tops.
Do you think 7m base or 7m including incentives? I was thinking they could add some reasonable incentives to make the overall appear more impressive, team success-based perhaps, which would not count till the 2025 cap.

Mr. I just want a starting guard contract, Dalton Risner?

Edit - forgot Tomlinson is still a FA. Makes sense considering the connection to McD/scheme.
Unless there were truly some significant bad feelings developed between Barry and Risner at Denver 2022, he seems like an ideal veteran LG to fit the wide zone scheme.

Do you think 7m base or 7m including incentives? I was thinking they could add some reasonable incentives to make the overall appear more impressive, team success-based perhaps, which would not count till the 2025 cap.
Well... Reynolds contract was listed as 'up to 14m' for two years, so I suspect it's actually less than that.
My offer to OBJ would be 4-5m plus reachable incentives for a couple more. Playing time... starts... things that if he remained healthy AND USEFUL... that he could reach.

Well... Reynolds contract was listed as 'up to 14m' for two years, so I suspect it's actually less than that.
My offer to OBJ would be 4-5m plus reachable incentives for a couple more. Playing time... starts... things that if he remained healthy AND USEFUL... that he could reach.
I'd also include if the team makes the playoffs, and if the team reaches the AFCCG. But starts or even total snaps, would be the first ones I'd want to add. If they asked me. Which they haven't, yet, so far. :)

Back
Top Bottom