The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 192 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

Imagine this-

Eagles trade up a spot to not get jumped for a cb, we then trade 22 for more picks to the next team wanting a cb

I think something could definitely be there, especially if only one CB (Mitchell) goes in the top 20 and the Eagles have their sights set on someone or conversely if 3 CB's go pretty quickly the Eagles could get a little desperate.

They have pick 50 and 53 so I'd love to swap 55 for 50, which in itself might be enough to just call it a day to swap 21 for 22 and be grateful we gained a better 2nd round selection. However if we dig a little deeper into the matter, you'll see that the Eagles only have 3 picks next year, a first, second and third, while they also have picks 120, 161, 171, 172 and 210 this year to go with 22, 50 and 53. The Eagles could/should be open to trading either 171 or 172 in exchange for a pick next year. They don't really have the room on the roster for all those picks this year and we'll have a bunch of extra picks next year, so they seem like a very logical trade partner for us.

The Eagles are definitely going to want to move some of this year's picks into next year. They don't have a third rounder this year so it might be difficult to pry 120 (4th round) away from them as they will have a long wait between picks. While on the surface 171 isn't anything special, especially since we have 158 already, but it does give you extra ammo to work your away into the 4th round and get someone with a better chance of contributing.

In a perfect world the Eagles, Packers and Lions all want the same guy and in the case of the Lions and Packers, they both really want two guys, who are available at 21.

Imagine this-

Eagles trade up a spot to not get jumped for a cb, we then trade 22 for more picks to the next team wanting a cb
I'm of the view that Miami should not trade with Howie Roseman because he's the one GM who seems to fleece us in trades. Happy to trade with any other team but the Eagles. Howie is a superior evaluator of player talent and is probably the #1 GM in the NFL. I don't want to help him trade up to get the player he specifically wants.

I'm of the view that Miami should not trade with Howie Roseman because he's the one GM who seems to fleece us in trades. Happy to trade with any other team but the Eagles. Howie is a superior evaluator of player talent and is probably the #1 GM in the NFL. I don't want to help him trade up to get the player he specifically wants.

A superior talent evaluator? What?

If Howie Roseman were available tomorrow as a free agent GM I wouldn't even consider hiring him. He's done much better at trading for veterans than evaluating incoming prospects, by FAR. The only use I'd have for Howie's evaluations would be to remove all the prospects from my draft board that he liked.

His best pick (in recent history) was taking a flyer on Jalen Hurts (after taking Jalen Raegor a round before that, one pick ahead of Justin Jefferson) and he wanted to dump him two years ago to sell the farm for Russell Wilson and luckily for Philly, Wilson said no. A year after getting nothing from his 2019 draft class, Andre Dillard in the first round, Miles Sanders and JJ Arcega Whiteside as second rounders.

On top of that, Howie has managed to STACK future Eagles salary caps with dead money and void years. Probably the most future dead money in the league.

I'll give him that Jalen Carter is a monster but that's not much of an evaluation as we all know why he fell to 9th. They'll be holding their breathe with him because he's a moron.

The Eagles fleeced the Saints two years ago in a draft day trade but that had more to do with New Orleans being clueless on value. That was a joke of a trade that any GM should've made.
Overall the best pick the Eagles have made since Andy Reid left was taking Lane Johnson 4th overall 11 years ago and I am not sure how much that just boiled down to the fact that we screwed up at 3, let alone what influence Chip Kelly had on that selection.

A 7th round flyer on a massive rugby player isn't going to happen again to where I would want him to be in charge of my team.

This guys been living off Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham for a long time.

I am not saying he's bad, he's certainly great at making trades but trusting his opinion on prospects would be futile. I am not Chris Grier's biggest fan but I would rather Grier make draft picks all day long than Howie.

Last edited:
A superior talent evaluator? What?

If Howie Roseman were available tomorrow as a free agent GM I wouldn't even consider hiring him. He's done much better at trading for veterans than evaluating incoming prospects, by FAR. The only use I'd have for Howie's evaluations would be to remove all the prospects from my draft board that he liked.

His best pick (in recent history) was taking a flyer on Jalen Hurts (after taking Jalen Raegor a round before that one pick, ahead of Justin Jefferson) and he wanted to dump him two years ago to trade for Russell Wilson and Wilson said no. A year after getting nothing from his 2019 draft class, Andre Dillard in the first round, Miles Sanders and JJ Arcega Whiteside as second rounders.

On top of that, Howie has managed to STACK future Eagles salary caps with dead money and void years. Probably the most future dead money in the league.

I'll give him that Jalen Carter is a monster but that's not much of an evaluation as we all know why he fell to 9th. They'll be holding their breathe with him because he's a moron.

The Eagles fleeced the Saints two years ago in a draft day trade but that had more to do with New Orleans being clueless on value. That was a joke of a trade that any GM should've made.
Overall the best pick the Eagles have made since Andy Reid left was taking Lane Johnson 4th overall 11 years ago and I am not sure how much that just boiled down to the fact that we screwed up at 3, let alone what influence Chip Kelly had on that selection.

A 7th round flyer on a massive rugby player isn't going to happen again to where I would want him to be in charge of my team.

This guys been living off Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham for a long time.

I am not saying he's bad, he's certainly great at making trades but trusting his opinion on prospects would be futile. I am not Chris Grier's biggest fan but I would rather Grier make draft picks all day long than Howie.
Man, remember when we could have gotten Lane Johnson when we desperately needed a tackle and instead Ireland took that guy, what's his name, you know that guy who never did sh*t, you know that guy we traded two 3rds and swapped our 1st round pick for? Ya that guy. Honestly can't remember that guy's name not that it matters. Thanks Jeff!

Man, remember when we could have gotten Lane Johnson when we desperately needed a tackle and instead Ireland took that guy, what's his name, you know that guy who never did sh*t, you know that guy we traded two 3rds and swapped our 1st round pick for? Ya that guy. Honestly can't remember that guy's name not that it matters. Thanks Jeff!

So I watched that draft with a bunch Eagles fans, like I typically do and when our pick was about to be announced I stood up and declared our selection will be Lane Johnson.

Bummed when it wasn’t but like every other Dolphins pick, I supported Dion Jordan until I just couldn’t anymore. The irony is the lead up to that draft was that Chip Kelly wanted his guy.

Ahh, Dion Jordan, thanks for reminding me. Ireland was so smug with the trade up too, “you only want two 3rd’s? Done! Just picked the wrong guy, a MD failing for decades but this was one of the best (or worst) of those. Don’t get me started on Jamar Fletcher instead of Drew Brees.

Back
Top Bottom