The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 194 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

Whether others think so or not, that would be a bargain, comparatively to guys like Burrow and Herbert with respect to the cap.

Of course the structure is what matters. But if it's structured like the other 2, that is a huge bargain at 50 per or less. You'll pretty much have a top 5 QB counting for less then 20% of the cap when the other guys are 23% plus. Makes a big diferrence.

To put it in perspective. At 55 per, he would still have less of a cap hit then the other 2

Whether others think so or not, that would be a bargain, comparatively to guys like Burrow and Herbert with respect to the cap.

Of course the structure is what matters. But if it's structured like the other 2, that is a huge bargain at 50 per or less. You'll pretty much have a top 5 QB counting for less then 20% of the cap when the other guys are 23% plus. Makes a big diferrence.

To put it in perspective. At 55 per, he would still have less of a cap hit then the other 2
One quality of Tua that reigns supreme is his loyalty and commitment to the franchise. I think that is something that McD earned these past two years. The difference between $45m and $60m a year really won’t impact Tua or his family, realistically speaking. However, the impact it has on the salary cap and being able to build a Super Bowl calibre team is obvious. I believe Tua brings this benefit to the team over the next decade, playing his role in making sure we can field the best team manageable.

Nobody ever claimed that. You're arguing against something nobody ever said.

Not using the phrase, 'by himself,' but let's start with the post that started our exchange.
"Two years in a row Miami GM Chris Grier made Mike McDaniel sit tight while he (Grier) took a BPA (both on defense) before swinging back around and giving his Coach a new toy." I don't know how you read this, but I read it as 'by himself.'
A few here want Grier fired because of HIS draft picks <emphasis mine>. There are posts calling Grier out because of his draft choices. Again, HIS.
My points are two. 1) Grier, by himself, makes NO draft picks. He has no locked room where he sets the board without input. 2) Grier is one voice with no dictatorial power in the draft of FA.
I'm confident we disagree, so I see no reason to continue this.

Back
Top Bottom