The All-Purpose Free Agency thread... | Page 218 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Free Agency thread...

He blows, just a depth signing. They'll likely still have OT at the top of their draft board.

In back to back drafts the great Howie Roseman took Andre Dillard and Jalen Raegor in the first round.

Blind squirrels do find acorns.
A lot of people were wrong about Dillard. He was a consensus 1st rounder. Raegor was the out of left-field reach, as I recall it.
Overall, it seems to me the Eagles have one of the better-run front offices in the league. YMMV.

A lot of people were wrong about Dillard. He was a consensus 1st rounder. Raegor was the out of left-field reach, as I recall it.
Overall, it seems to me the Eagles have one of the better-run front offices in the league. YMMV.

Howie's made some good trades (I still don't know what New Orleans was thinking?) but he's not even average when it comes to play evaluations. If he told me he liked a specific player who wasn't a top 10 caliber prospect, I'd probably remove that player from my board.

If you look at their future salary caps, you'll see his MO is all about now. Eagles far and away have more future dead money than anyone. They might have as much dead cap space over the next 10 years than almost the entire NFC combined, which is an exaggeration for sure but really it might be close to true.

If he were fired today and I had a GM opening, I wouldn't even interview him.

I get that they've had success and been to Super Bowls but I'd say thats more of a fluke than it is his skills. He's been living off Andy Reid players for quite awhile. Its going to get a lot harder for him to compete with all those team leaders retiring.

He's the blind squirrel. I will give him the credit of understanding the importance of an OL and continuing to address it despite failures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom