The Draft is Over and it is Now Time to Turn to Phase 3 of Free Agency | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft is Over and it is Now Time to Turn to Phase 3 of Free Agency

Can't see 5, but even at 6, I can't imagine we would add more than one FA.

If we try to put M. Washington on the PS, he won't clear waivers. Then it would be a totally wasted pick
M Wash, Berrios, Cracraft. Who else do they need?

X = 17 million $ is it?

Should be able to sign two quality players for that

I believe it will be Odell and someone else.
OBJ made $15 million last season and I doub't he moves far from that money, taking a huge portion of X's money

S - Justin Simmons

IOL - Greg Van Wroten or Donovan Smith if he can play OG

WR3 - DJ Chark

DL - Calais Campbell
I wonder how much Simmons would settle for? I'm sure a few teams will have interest, but not at more than $10 million a year.

Would be a nice get for sure.

I’d like to believe this is true, and I love Malik Washington. But I think this is a fairly complicated offense and a rookie might not be able to have immediate success. OBJ would not be behind Berrios on this planet. Maybe in some alternate universe.
OBJ would be the third wr for Miami IMO.

I hear ya, I just never see anything other than them posting links, with no further discussion. Which would be a bad look if they don’t give a shout out to FH, which apparently they do.

What are the FH handles for some of their writers?

I’ll let them come out if they want.

I’ve written for them in the past, and intend to in the future.

I’ll let them come out if they want.

I’ve written for them in the past, and intend to in the future.

You can understand how it can look bad for people to post links to their podcast if they don’t actually post here though, right?

If you’re going to post a link you should engage in the conversation here. I think that’s fair to say, no?

Last edited:
Get us Smith Schuster. He might be affordable at this point. Baller.

I see OBJ as selfish and self centered. For this reason, although incredibly talented, I would pass.

There are other talents out there that may not be equal but will at least not destroy the team and the culture McD is building.

Have you seen him play lately? He's lost any speed he had. He's absolutely abysmal. Pass pass pass.

Giving him 8 million is crazy to me.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
I agree especially after we drafted Malik Washington. I would rather pay Calais Campbell and he probably wont even cost that much. We could get him on a hometown discount.

As much as I like the idea of signing nice expensive vets, I would prefer we sign OBJ at a 14m 2 year deal then bank the rest for Tua's contract next year to basically wash out X's lingering stain here.
7 mil a year for WR3? No way.

Pickings arnt that slim. That's been my point.

There is like 50% of the fanbase that wants OBJ. It makes no sense with Boyd, Renfrow and Chark out there.

Twitter is going OBJ crazy and I simply don't get it. He's a famous person, I get that, but he's not a great football player at this stage of his career. I wanna win games, I dont care how many pro-bowls he made in the 2010's or how many hot ass celebrities he's hooked up with.
Renfrow can’t play the outside, he’s a better berrios but isn’t gonna play the outside and cannot threatens all parts of the field

You already have McDaniel saying “ I’d love to coach Odell”

Think it’s gonna happen and hopefully he’s working hard this off-season

If he’s not I wouldnt sign him, but we don’t seem to mind dudes who aren’t going all out in the off-season.

Last edited:
Oh hell not he ain’t getting near that
I bet Grier gave him a reality check when he visited with the Dolphins. Thats why he left without a contract.

I would rather spend the money on Calais Campbell, Simmons or Diggs at Safety, an interior OL maybe we bring Williams back on the cheap, hopefully he can be ready to play towards the middle of the season, when the inevitable injuries kick in.

I wish we had drafted Brenden Rice but we might still be able to sign DJ Chark.

Back
Top Bottom