The Guard Position | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Guard Position

Snoop Dogg GIF by Verzuz
I miss DMX! RIP

I was just making a point that he is not good at fully utilizing his weapons after 1 and 2, in particular the running backs. Now you can quote stats, but I know what I see. Whether it's on him, McD, or the line we can debate the reasons. But it doesn't change the fact that when passing, once 1 and 2 are stopped the offense is pretty much done.

Again, are you under the impression that most teams/QBs are much more effective throwing to their 3rd, 4th and 5th options. If you think you see that your eyes are deceiving you. Those teams with Diggs, Chase and Adams were getting the same efficiency throwing to their clear No. 1 option that Tua/Dolphins were getting throwing to the 3/4/5 options.

Brewer is going to be the starting center. Just bank on it. Any scenarios suggesting otherwise are inaccurate.
Agreed! Just like MCD picked up Connor Williams and made him a center. Everyone was skeptical and it turned out to be a great move until he got hurt. They have ID’d Brewer as a great fit for their scheme. He’s going to be the starting C.

Again, are you under the impression that most teams/QBs are much more effective throwing to their 3rd, 4th and 5th options. If you think you see that your eyes are deceiving you. Those teams with Diggs, Chase and Adams were getting the same efficiency throwing to their clear No. 1 option that Tua/Dolphins were getting throwing to the 3/4/5 options.
Look at Cook's, Mixon's, and Jacobs' receptions and first downs last year, then look at Mostert's.

Look at Cook's, Mixon's, and Jacobs' receptions and first downs last year, then look at Mostert's.

Those guys are on completely different teams. Those teams don’t have Waddle and Hill taking half their targets.

Instead of looking at receptions, why don’t you look at their ypt and success rates? Mixon averaged just 5.9 yet with a success rate far below the Dolphins’ Other Receivers. Jacob’s” got was even worse at 5.5 and his success rate was also lower than the Dolphins’ Other Receivers.

Those guys are on completely different teams. Those teams don’t have Waddle and Hill taking half their targets.

Instead of looking at receptions, why don’t you look at their ypt and success rates? Mixon averaged just 5.9 yet with a success rate far below the Dolphins’ Other Receivers. Jacob’s” got was even worse at 5.5 and his success rate was also lower than the Dolphins’ Other Receivers.
Look at their first down receiving production! Keep those sticks moving!

Look at their first down receiving production! Keep those sticks moving!

Look at the Dolphins’. The bottom line is that the Dolphins were notably more successful throwing to their Other Receivers than the Bengals or Raiders were throwing to Mixon and Jacobs. Not sure why you seem to prefer they do something with a lower success rate and a lower yards per play.

He's slow-footed... yes, he played on a high level team, but the other Michigan Guard didn't get drafted either (Jones).
The slower guys are just not valued on most NFL teams.
Both of Michigan's primary starting OGs were indeed drafted. Zak Zinter by Cleveland. Trevor Keegan by Philly.

Look at the Dolphins’. The bottom line is that the Dolphins were notably more successful throwing to their Other Receivers than the Bengals or Raiders were throwing to Mixon and Jacobs. Not sure why you seem to prefer they do something with a lower success rate and a lower yards per play.
I guess we look at data differently. I see Mixon and Jacobs getting first downs and moving the sticks. As soon as other teams took away Hill and Waddle, Fins couldn't get a 1st down.

At this point that is my assumption.

Paul will have the opportunity to prove he is the better choice in camp and preseason.
It will be a numbers game on the OL. I liked how well Lamm played when needed last season, but with the selection of Paul, Lamm isn't even assured a roster spot. It could come down to Lamm vs Kion Smith competing for one swing tackle role.

Back
Top Bottom