The UDFA thread... | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The UDFA thread...

I hope he proves himself worthy and makes the roster. With 4 backups, you can have two who are primarily OT, but capable of sliding inside too, and one who can cover the guards. That leaves a spot for a dedicated #2 center.
I think the backup center will be on the practice squad. Eich, maybe Driscoll will be emergency backups to finish out a game if Brewer goes out. They won't rotate center and centers don't play on ST so it would be an extravagant use of a roster spot. And we have lots of other positions where the team tends to carry extras (DT this year, Edge once all are healthy, RB if you count the FB, CB due to their ST prowess).

I hope he proves himself worthy and makes the roster. With 4 backups, you can have two who are primarily OT, but capable of sliding inside too, and one who can cover the guards. That leaves a spot for a dedicated #2 center.
Yeah, been watching and reading on Meyer - He's technically sound, decent feet, good snaps. Should be a decent zone blocker, well schooled. UTep runs a quick read passing game. On the downside he's small, and lacks strength and power. We need to be grasping anywhere for a backup center, IMO.

Duck and Perry have the best chance IMO. Miami does a really impressive job of finding DB's late such as Kohou, Needam and Bonner. There is room on the roster for a safety.

Rucci has a chance simply because the tight end room doesn't have a lot of talent and he can block.

Meyer and Jones probably end up on the practice squad and could potentially help down the road.

Matos is intriguing.

Correct. However, Jordan Mailata was a professional rugby league player with the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Eagles scouts found a very big man with good footwork, excellent character and an established desire to succeed.
No he wasn't professional NRL palayer, he was offered an under 20 contract to play with a feeder club. That's when he switched to football.
Mailata was offered the opportunity to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs' U20s team in 2017.[4] The South Sydney Rabbitohs offered Mailata a one-year contract worth AU$5,000 to play for the North Sydney Bears. The North Sydney Bears had a partnership with the South Sydney Rabbitohs in which they served as the Rabbitohs reserve grade team. This partnership was intact from 2007 until 2018, when the agreement ended.[4] It has been stated that Mailata was only offered a reserve-grade contract due to fitness and conditioning concerns. The South Sydney coaching staff did not believe that Mailata would be able to physically keep up with the pace and nature of professional rugby league, due to the free-flowing play and limited stoppages in games. Mailata was given the advice from his agency to "play a sport that appreciates his size".[5] Ultimately, Mailata declined the contract from the South Sydney Rabbitohs.[4] There was no bad sentiment between Mailata and the Rabbitohs after the contract offer, as Mailata stated "They gave me a chance. Without them, I wouldn't be here".[4]

Duck and Perry have the best chance IMO. Miami does a really impressive job of finding DB's late such as Kohou, Needam and Bonner. There is room on the roster for a safety.

Rucci has a chance simply because the tight end room doesn't have a lot of talent and he can block.

Meyer and Jones probably end up on the practice squad and could potentially help down the road.

Matos is intriguing.
Duck is getting all the UDFA corner love but over half of it seems to be due to his unusual name. Watch some Isaiah Johnson playing corner and tell me he isn't better.

CB or S?

Where do you see him settling?
6'3 and 205 with long 32 7/8" arms, 80.5" wingspan, and a 6.71 cone, 38.5" VJ. I'd try him first at his college position, corner. Though he only ran a 4.62 forty which probably kept him from being drafted. Could be interchangeable.

Back
Top Bottom