The way too early Vegas betting line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The way too early Vegas betting line

The Eagles -2 is the play. Fans always overreact week to week in the NFL. Eagles played awful and lost to the Jets so the line is only 2.
The Dolphins defense has a history of playing lousy on the road against good offenses.
The Fins wins have been against 0-6, 1-4, 1-5, 1-5, 2-3 teams. They have played the dregs, easiest schedule in the NFL so far . Credit them for wins.
I expect the Eagles to be really focused and put up points.
The Fins are going to lose games. It happens.

I really like Miami in this game. Philly will try to make as many 16-down drives as they can to keep the Fins offense sidelined, but I'm expecting Fangio's defense is finally going to come alive and get a flying butt-load of 3-n-Outs / turnovers.

No one still has a valid answer for Miami's speed schemes on offense, and as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot offensively and defensively...the boo-birds will be heard during the broadcast.

MIA - 35
PHI - 17

I'd be interested to hear what @j-off-her-doll thinks about this line.

I don't gamble, but I think Miami should win. My biggest concern is the defensive game plan. If Miami can't limit the run and limit explosive plays in the passing game, Philly's D is tough enough to make some plays and get some stops.

But, in terms of personnel, I think Miami's offense matches up better with Philly's D than Philly's O matches up with Miami's D.

Road games are obv tough, but I think this team is ready to win a big one.

Calling @Awsi Dooger. Would love to get your take on this game. You mention the situational aspects so often. I thought of you the other night when I saw phillie losing a close one. Feels to me... That would be bad for us, and this one should see them rebound. Any thoughts / feelings on this one?

I like Miami's chances provided that Williams plays. Phila's secondary is a mash unit. I can seem them doing what Buffalo and New England did which is play coverage and try to get pressure with their front 4 which is pretty good. We're gonna have to score some points.

I like Miami's chances provided that Williams plays. Phila's secondary is a mash unit. I can seem them doing what Buffalo and New England did which is play coverage and try to get pressure with their front 4 which is pretty good. We're gonna have to score some points.
Williams will be key, agreed. Eich had a plus game last week, but Philly's line is a different animal...still don't trust him against the next three opponents. McD should have plenty of material to scheme against for this game and the way Philly will play on defense. Buffalo game, Patriots game, and the Jets from last week. He's gonna need to be on his stuff for this one...Williams is a must-have if we expect a great day on offense.

I've no idea how they're going to stop us. I've no idea how we're going to stop them. It should be a fun one with high-leverage plays deciding the outcome.

I've been betting on all of the Miami games but I'm not touching this one.
I can't bet until next year. They legalized online betting in NC this year but doesn't go active until next year. I'd basically bet on Miami every game no matter the spread. Too much homerism.

Back
Top Bottom