The worst Dolphins take in history? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The worst Dolphins take in history?

Just a ridiculous statement.

Dan Marino is the only quarterback in NFL history to lead in completions, yardage and touchdown passes in three straight seasons from 1984-86. His first three years as a full-time starter too.

I've heard people compare that to winning the triple crown three years in a row in baseball! That is incredible and Marino accomplished that without any skill position hall of famers around him.

Only Dwight Stevenson and Jason Taylor were teammates of Marino who made the HOF. Compare that to what Tom Brady, Joe Montana and later career John Elway etc. had to work with.

Watching Marino early in his career, he was fairly athletic. Not Elway, but he had quick feet and could get out of the pocket and make plays. He did that by buying time to get receivers open. Not by running the ball. If that was the focus, I'm sure he would have some running "stats."

After the Achilles injury, his mobility was decreased.

Anyway, the reason Miami never won a super bowl with Marino has been heavily debated. I'd say it was mostly having sub-par defenses.

angry adam sandler GIF

1715306321138.pngBesides Wilson, no running qb has won a Super Bowl this century. Mahomes and Ben could move a little. Elway could barely walk when he won. Qbs should not be running.

Yea there was no running game because that's how Shula wanted it but Marino was hell on wheels tossing those short passes to those scatbacks out of the backfield tons of yardage. The real issue was not having a running game was to run the clock out and keep the defense fresh. Everyone blamed the defense back in that day but it was offenses inability to run out the clock that led to a very worn out and injury depleted defense each year.
That why there was no Superbowl but we looked pretty good at the beginning of each year.

Back
Top Bottom