Those in the know(?) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those in the know(?)

It would be a safe choice. But this draft is very unpredictable about how many QBs will be taken in the 1st round, so who knows who might be available.
I'm thinking you will see 5 QB's taken before the dolphins select @ 21. There might be 6 taken in the first.

I'm thinking you will see 5 QB's taken before the dolphins select @ 21. There might be 6 taken in the first.

I am curious to know who you think might trade up for that 6th QB? Been racking my brain the last couple days to come up with a team that would make that move.

I didnt know Grier said that. Kind of an odd thing to say pre-draft.

It could work either way. We trade down or I could see Grier trading up to get the guy they want.

Figure at least 4 QBs will be taken before 21 and at least 3 WRs will be taken. That leaves us with 14 other position players that should be available.

I think Denver may be a trade partner if we are going up. If we are trading down, it could be anyone.

I dont see Grier trading up for an olineman. So if we do trade up, its for a pass rusher, Bowers, or a WR.

Gonna be interesting.
I would guess Grier said that (not having 21 guys graded as first round) so that when we were on the clock with likely just one or two of those 1st round graded guys available (after the QB run that pushes a couple guys down) that teams we may be talking about trading down with knew we had a valuable commodity/option there at 21 and that it would cost them to obtain our pick. Just part of the negotiation strategy, if teams knew or thought they knew there was no one we really liked at 21 then offers would be lower than if they thought we were in position to take the last guy or two with a first round grade there, then they would have to pony up to get us to move down off that spot.

So, here's the question.

It's pick 19
Whoever our main target it. Let's say Barton/ maybe Fuaga or Fatanu are there.
We know Pitt is in need of someone like Barton/ JPJ etc.

Are you willing to trade up to guarantee landing him knowing we have 2 extra 3rds next year?

GRYPHONK is trading up lol.

Im also hoping Titans choose fashanu over Alt.

I understand we nay go elsewhere or defense.

But if we are targeting O line in this situation.
This is about the only trade up idea, if be okay with. It shouldn't cost much.

It would be a safe choice. But this draft is very unpredictable about how many QBs will be taken in the 1st round, so who knows who might be available.
Most pundits are saying 3 maximum.

Most pundits are saying 3 maximum.
3? In the entire 1st round?

I dont think I've seen a single person or mock anywhere what doesn't have Wiliiams, Maye, Daniels and McCarthy as 1st rounders.

Did you mean before pick 21?

3? In the entire 1st round?

I dont think I've seen a single person or mock anywhere what doesn't have Wiliiams, Maye, Daniels and McCarthy as 1st rounders.

Did you mean before pick 21?
Yes.....

I also don't pay a lot of attention to the guys who do like 10 different mocks, or are just random Twatter.

My belief is the ones that are compilations of individual team's beat writers have more value, on the basis that they are likely to have more insight on their specific team and situation.

So, here's the question.

It's pick 19
Whoever our main target it. Let's say Barton/ maybe Fuaga or Fatanu are there.
We know Pitt is in need of someone like Barton/ JPJ etc.

Are you willing to trade up to guarantee landing him knowing we have 2 extra 3rds next year?

GRYPHONK is trading up lol.

Im also hoping Titans choose fashanu over Alt.

I understand we nay go elsewhere or defense.

But if we are targeting O line in this situation.
No bro. Read the trade up thread.

Back
Top Bottom