Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

I think many poster get way too hung up on "advertised numbers"

Ppl see 5 years $275m and think that's outrageous, but those are not "real".

If the contract has only half that in guaranteed $ and/or has built in "outs", what does the advertised number even mean?

What's more important is the structure and the guarantees.

I realize many do not understand, or care for that matter, how these contracts work, but it is not nearly as simple as ppl make it out to be. You could theoretically have exactly the same guarantees with a 55m per as a 45m per.

I think many poster get way too hung up on "advertised numbers"

Ppl see 5 years $275m and think that's outrageous, but those are not "real".

If the contract has only half that in guaranteed $ and/or has built in "outs", what does the advertised number even mean?

What's more important is the structure and the guarantees.

I realize many do not understand, or care for that matter, how these contracts work, but it is not nearly as simple as ppl make it out to be. You could theoretically have exactly the same guarantees with a 55m per as a 45m per.
great point. Also, the difference between 50-60 over 4-5 years is really not that much. Guaranteed $$$ is key and even with that it's peanuts in reality.

At the end of the day, he will or will not sign a new contract. I'd much prefer him be here than start 2025 with a rookie, or budget priced QB.

We spent 20 years in the wilderness with Jay Fiedler and Chad Henne and Ryan Tannehill. Everyone complained that we don’t have a quarterback.

We now have a 26-year old quarterback with a career record of 32-19 who has finished Top 5 in the NFL in passer rating in back-to-back seasons (at 24 and 25), who has finished #1 and #2 in the NFL in yards/pass attempt over the past two seasons (at 24 and 25), and who led the NFL in passing yards last year (at 25).

Now half of Dolphins fans complain that we shouldn’t re-sign him.

We truly don’t deserve nice things.

Why do people sound like they want tua to get the most money possible? Are people fans of tua or the team? If you are a fan of the team, you should want them to retain the player for the least amount of money possible. That means more money to add talent to the roster in other places, and a better team. Yet I get the sense there are many that are rooting for Tua over team?

I’ve accepted he’s going to probably get overpaid imo now I fully expect him to step forward and perform like a 55m per QB when the bright lights come on. I wanna see Tua really ball out on a nationally televised game. Panthers, Broncos, Giants beat downs at home in the miami heat are not going to cut it we need more out of our QB1. Don’t even bother running off the team problems I get it. One guy gets the ball on offense on every down. Time to level up!

Right. So, the tua haters want us to dump him because reasons while he leads the league in yards, completion percentage, release time, and more. Gotta burn it all for their sensitivities. How utterly idiotic.
I honestly don't know why Tua haters even root for this team at this point.

Why do people sound like they want tua to get the most money possible? Are people fans of tua or the team? If you are a fan of the team, you should want them to retain the player for the least amount of money possible. That means more money to add talent to the roster in other places, and a better team. Yet I get the sense there are many that are rooting for Tua over team?
Still beating that dead horse.......

Why do ppl sound like they want to underpay market value? That doesn't make for a good business relationship.

Everyone has the right to their opinion on the subject. You have stated yours multiple times. What is the point in going through the same debate again and again?

Are you trying to influence ppl to your side, or just like to argue?

I already told you, many think he is worth a top contract. You, and others, apparently do not.

It gets really old after the 500th post.. just saying.

You're confusing that with what people are expecting.

Still beating that dead horse.......

Why do ppl sound like they want to underpay market value? That doesn't make for a good business relationship.

Everyone has the right to their opinion on the subject. You have stated yours multiple times. What is the point in going through the same debate again and again?

Are you trying to influence ppl to your side, or just like to argue?

I already told you, many think he is worth a top contract. You, and others, apparently do not.

It gets really old after the 500th post.. just saying.
you just answered my question, by both omission and commission. you are a fan of tua over the team. that is ok, you are entitled to root for whatever you want. and ps, you also speak out of both sides of your mouth. on the one hand, you don't want them to give tua a deal and have him play out his 5th year option. on the other hand, you want him to get a huge contract, for whatever he wants, even if it is $10mm a year more than the dolphins need to pay him to retain him. you make zero sense. your other point, about underpaying market value and a good business relationship, also makes very little sense in the whole scheme of things. but i guess you know better

You're confusing that with what people are expecting.
no i am not. maybe you, but many others, heck see the response mach 2 just posted. fully in support of paying tua more than we need to keep him. wants to make tua happy so there is a good business relationship, whatever that means

no i am not. maybe you, but many others, heck see the response mach 2 just posted. fully in support of paying tua more than we need to keep him. wants to make tua happy so there is a good business relationship, whatever that means
So him saying Tua deserves a top contract is equivalent to wanting to give tua as much money as possible?

I think you're just trying to argue for arguements sake.

So him saying Tua deserves a top contract is equivalent to wanting to give tua as much money as possible?

I think you're just trying to argue for arguements sake.
see my original point. was quite straightforward and dispassionate. if you cannot answer a simple "yes" to the question of whether or not you want tua here for the least money possible, by definition you want to pay him more than the least money possible. simple question for you - do you want tua here for the least money possible, yes or no?

you just answered my question, by both omission and commission. you are a fan of tua over the team. that is ok, you are entitled to root for whatever you want. and ps, you also speak out of both sides of your mouth. on the one hand, you don't want them to give tua a deal and have him play out his 5th year option. on the other hand, you want him to get a huge contract, for whatever he wants, even if it is $10mm a year more than the dolphins need to pay him to retain him. you make zero sense. your other point, about underpaying market value and a good business relationship, also makes very little sense in the whole scheme of things. but i guess you know better
I am absolutely a fan of the team first. My opinion that I prefer to let him play out the option is irrelevant at this point. That's why I don't see the need, or point of restating ad nauseum.

You have been beating this to death for weeks. Ppl have given you a myriad of opinions and answers. The fact that you can find none of them acceptable at this point is very likely a "you problem"

My post had nothing to do with Tua, or how much I think he should be paid. That is "you" again, conflating things that are not related.

My post was about you refusing to let it go and move on after, literally, hundreds of posts and replies.

Back
Top Bottom