We need to use our picks for Oline | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to use our picks for Oline

if we don’t go OL in the first two rounds then might as well not draft OL at all.......you're not getting anything better than what we have in the late rounds.

Don't get me wrong. I agree. I guess I am just a little skeptical when it comes to Grier and his perceived view on OL. He is more patient about their development than I am, lol!

Also we need a day 1 starter I don’t really want a project like AJ has been. We can’t wait 3-4 for this player to pan out if we want to win the AFC East and more this year. Need a contributor!

Is it ok if I can make multiple accounts so I thumbs up this post multiple times?

No projects with our early picks this draft. We need immediate impact players.

I doubt that more than one rookie O Lineman makes the final roster
if we don’t go OL in the first two rounds then might as well not draft OL at all.......you're not getting anything better than what we have in the late rounds
I'll defer to Grier and the scouts as to whether there are useful OL pieces later in the draft. And lots of fine OL around the league (most of them it seems) were picked in Rd 3 or later. It does get harder if we don't start picking until round 5.

There are going to be a lot of pissed off Dolphin fans tomorrow. Going to be calling for Grier to be fired and renouncing their fandom. Burning Dolphins gear lol. I will laugh my ass off when Grier goes DE, DT, S, WR or DB with the 1st pick.

I think we can get more physical and angry with players who have that mental fortitude. I don't think the zone philosophy requires passive, mild-mannered fellows but I get they need to be athletic, even a bit lighter in weight. By def a mauler is a fighter who batters the opponent. This is the type of mental makeup I desire (ofc my opinion means nothing). Don't read too much into your vs my def of a mauler I just want an angry line that dominates until the whistle blows to open up the run lanes and blocks downfield to open up lanes for our playmakers.
Who could argue with that! Would love to see some physicality added to the Oline or anywhere on this team.

If Amegadjie gets drafted I am satisfied with the addition to the OLine room. If after a trade down (or trade up) we come away with both him and Haynes then OL might swing to a strength.

I did a mock draft. Traded out twice and still got Graham Barton at 31st pick. It's got to be OL imo. Too many teams going QB and playmakers. If Fins go O-Line they should get a stud.

I did a mock draft. Traded out twice and still got Graham Barton at 31st pick. It's got to be OL imo. Too many teams going QB and playmakers. If Fins go O-Line they should get a stud.
Teams love Barton, 31 doesnt seem likley, knowing what we know now.

Those mock Sims are way off base now only 24 hrs out.

I doubt that more than one rookie O Lineman makes the final roster

I'll defer to Grier and the scouts as to whether there are useful OL pieces later in the draft. And lots of fine OL around the league (most of them it seems) were picked in Rd 3 or later. It does get harder if we don't start picking until round 5.
when it comes to drafting OL after the 1st round, Grier is one of the worst GM's in the NFL.......other than Hunt he's never hit on OL after the first round

Worked pretty damn well last year until injuries decimated us. Mostert and Achane were tearing it up behind that line/scheme when the starters were all playing.

I'll hear you out, though.

Who do you want to bring in as HC?
I will admit that the line was half-decent early in the year, but the depth sucked when injuries hit. However, a big problem was McDaniel getting too carried away with throwing the ball (especially to Hill) when they should have been running the ball. That said, while the line started out okay, they still couldn't beat the top teams even with the starting o-line.

As for replacing McDaniel, just about any experienced OC could call a better game and make better adjustments. McDaniel went from being what was basically an Assistant Offensive Coach (with a cute little title of Run Game Coordinator) to being a Head Coach, and completely skipped over the entire OC position (which he held in name only for just one season). OCs who become HCs normally have years of experience calling plays and making adjustments, yet Ross/Grier hired McDaniel who had NONE of this experience. Any experienced OC who isn't brain-dead could do well with Tua throwing to Hill and Waddle (I say this and I'm not even a big Tua fan), and Mostert and Achane running the ball. They would also know to get the plays called in on time, and they'd know what a hurry-up offense is. And, McDaniel has to have the worst record in the Leaue when it comes to challenges.

Back
Top Bottom