What Albert Breer is hearing when it comes to pick #21... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Albert Breer is hearing when it comes to pick #21...

I could be wrong, but I believe that Grier believes in drafting "impact" players in the first round...in other words: Edge, WR, CB, QB, DT. That is one reason this team has suffered in January football. Speed is great in Sept-Nov but is less of a factor than brawn in Dec-Jan. Don't be surprised if Grier by passes elite OL for a sexier pick. i personally would go OT and IOL in the first two rounds and FINALLY solve the issue that has been plaguing this team for the last 4 years!
I would amend that to be "elite" positions. And OT would definitely qualify. And while I would be fine drafting OL with the first two picks if the right players were there, I think it's folly to believe that the only way or even the best way to "solve" the OL is by throwing high picks at it.

I just don’t see them using their first round pick on a 165lbs WR, no matter how fast he is. Hill will be in Miami for at least 2 more seasons and Waddle will eventually be signed to a new contract before he hits free agency after the 2025 season.

I still think that the Dolphins will use their first and second round picks on the OL, DL, or edge rushers. They might draft a WR in the 5th, 6th, or 7th rounds but unless one of the top 3 WR’s drop to 21, I just don’t see Grier taking a WR with that pick.
I agree with this. I also expect OBJ to get a deal with Miami.

Yeah no shot at 21. If we trade back to say like 30 and grab an extra 2nd then sure but no way without trading down. He’s fast but he’s not a great route runner. Hill and waddle are great to elite route runners that’s what makes their speed deadly.

I agree with this. I also expect OBJ to get a deal with Miami.
Why?

Hes too old to be of any help, he won't stay healthy, his body breaks down like he's a senior citizen.

I get it, hes famous, but this isn't Madden, he's the most expensive "big name but do next to nothing" free agent still available.

Unless he comes on the league minimum, like Poyer, than fine, whatever, let the kids have their OBJ parade for a day. Bc that's all hes gonna bring, a name for the youngsters to talk about. He's past the point of bringing anything to a championship level team. Last year was his final ride and he broke down at the end just like he always does.

Why?

Hes too old to be of any help, he won't stay healthy, his body breaks down like he's a senior citizen.

I get it, hes famous, but this isn't Madden, he's the most expensive "big name but do next to nothing" free agent still available.

Unless he comes on the league minimum, like Poyer, than fine, whatever, let the kids have their OBJ parade for a day. Bc that's all hes gonna bring, a name for the youngsters to talk about. He's past the point of bringing anything to a championship level team. Last year was his final ride and he broke down at the end just like he always does.
I'd be banking on him having a year or two left. Agree with you, contract would have to be right for Miami.

Yeah but the quality difference between picking 21 to 31 isn't that great and having another pick in the 80 or 90 range more than makes up for it.

Personally I would trade back every chance I got unless I was in the position to get my QB.
You obviously haven’t been a MD fan very long have you. The strategy you speak of hasn’t worked. Just for context I know this intimately well since I’ve been a fan since season one. 1966.

I can see trading back at times. You just have to find someone willing to "overpay". Now that can be a judgement call, too.

I see many posters who don't want to accept future picks in return, but that is absolutely where the best value is found, due to it generally being a rd higher selection.
Ya know what here’s a strategy for all the draft mavens. You stay where you are and wait until some stupid franchise reaches and then you draft Dan Marino. I like that strategy

Lmao. No offense to you bro, I know youre just the messenger.

This guy says miami has a ton of holes and rattles off a bunch of names from D and the Oline.....

Then proceeds to say we are gonna take a WR.

FFs.
Well no, Breer said he heard from other teams that Miami likes Worthy. It wasn’t his guess pick.

Worthy at 21 would not bother me. I can’t say I’d celebrate but no furniture would be in danger.
I wonder if miami is getting out this attention of them wanting worthy, because they know teams behind them are wr need like Bills or chiefs. They could garner picks of trading down or such teams jump ahead of miami to get worthy because they think miami takes him and that opens up a talented ol or DT, pass rusher that falls to miami and not picked up before miami. We'll see, it might be strategy than them actually wanting to draft him

Well no, Breer said he heard from other teams that Miami likes Worthy. It wasn’t his guess pick.
Technically you're right, but by regurgitating nonsense, he is endorsing it.

Just throwing it out there, Ive heard from some NFL players that dinosaurs never existed.

Back
Top Bottom