What will we do at #55? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will we do at #55?

Jackson Power-Johnson
Patrick Paul
Cooper DeJean
Michael Hall Jr.
Jer’Zhan Newton
Braden Fiske

All players I would be thrilled to draft.
I think JPJ and Hall will be there for us if we want them. Doubt the others will be.

I don't have a MUST DRAFT player left... there are a few I like better than most here, but in general, I still think we need a lineman more than anything else.

I could be tempted by a tall WR or an elite CB, but I'm still trying to improve our line before I do anything else.

Keon Coleman or Ad. Mitchell would give me pause however. There are a few others, but either of these two could drive me off of a lineman.

My immediate choice here is probably Amegadjie or Sumataia... despite the spelling mimishaps.
McConkey would be a great fit IMO. I know he's not that big, physical receiver. But he is a nuanced route runner. I believe he has an injury???

I like the idea of Hall or Orhorhorro. I think they are similar players who can get after the quarterback from the inside.

Miami's defense took a real hit in losing Wilkins and Van Ginkel.

But, I think the team has to take an offensive lineman, no?

Frazier, Beebe, Hayes, Mahogany etc.

I'm guessing it will be either interior OL or safety as those are the weakest positions on the team and both positions must still have good value on the board.
I really want them to take a flyer on Kam Kinchens. Guy is first in and last out of the building, has great study habits, and he's solid

At linebacker, Payton Wilson may be worth the medical risks.
Dude has the atheltic ability and smarts to play any spot.
Just that he hasn't been durable for a long stretch.
Great player if he can stay healthy.

WR

Ladd McConkey
Johnny Wilson
Javon Baker
Troy Franklin

TE

Ben Sinnott

IOL

Jackson Powers-Johnson
Christian Haynes
Cooper Bebee
Christian Mahogany
Zach Zinter

OT

Kiran Amegadjie
Patrick Paul
Javon Foster
Christian Jones

DT

Johnny Newton
Kris Jenkins
Michael Hall Jr

CB

Max Melton
Cooper DeJean
Kool-Aid McKinstry
Jarrian Jones

With the exception of Jackson Powers-Johnson, who apparently has concussion concerns, I have all the remaining OL rated in the 41-75 range. As expected the league went hard at OL and picked off almost all the top guys - all the top guys if JPJ's concussion concerns are real.

The rest are all Top 40 grades, so if Grier sticks to BPA like he said, unless it's JPJ, Miami won't be going OL at 55.

Hall Jr is kind of like the DT version of Robinson - unbelievable first step, rare speed and quickness, extremely disruptive. He's kind of similar to Madubuike, who played at an All Pro level for Baltimore last year.

I would kind of love that.

My Top 5 best remaining (removing Powers-Johnson, because idk how serious the concussions are and Newton because he has reported injury concerns) would be:

Ladd McConkey
Ben Sinnott
Johnny Wilson
Kris Jenkins
Michael Hall Jr

Good idea with Hall. I think to matchup with the best teams, Miami has to be able to rush the passer from everywhere.

Good idea with Hall. I think to matchup with the best teams, Miami has to be able to rush the passer from everywhere.

I have no doubt McDaniel can manufacture offense vs most teams with the current talent. If they think they don't need significant upgrades to get over the hump vs teams like KC, Bal, and Buf (tough D's that give them some real issues), then I think it makes sense to load the DL with athletic, disruptive players.

I have no doubt McDaniel can manufacture offense vs most teams with the current talent. If they think they don't need significant upgrades to get over the hump vs teams like KC, Bal, and Buf (tough D's that give them some real issues), then I think it makes sense to load the DL with athletic, disruptive players.

Not a bad idea. I also like Orhorhorro. I think he's similar to Hall. Do you see that too?

Maybe Miami believes it can find offensive line later. Also, the fact that Grier apparently attempted to trade back into round one, tells me nothing is off the table. In other words, I wouldn't be surprised to see Grier use picks from 2025.

Not a bad idea. I also like Orhorhorro. I think he's similar to Hall. Do you see that too?

Maybe Miami believes it can find offensive line later. Also, the fact that Grier apparently attempted to trade back into round one, tells me nothing is off the table. In other words, I wouldn't be surprised to see Grier use picks from 2025.

Athletically there are similarities, but I think Hall Jr separates from him in two key areas: he's a much better pass rusher and he's considerably younger, so I think his ceiling is much higher.

Athletically there are similarities, but I think Hall Jr separates from him in two key areas: he's a much better pass rusher and he's considerably younger, so I think his ceiling is much higher.
Newton is still available, too. Wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo takes him.

You've only listed 14 players though and the Dolphins don't pick for another 23 picks (unless there are 9 WR's you like?)

So, I guess I'm saying be prepared to be disappointed. :lol:

Nah I really want the WRs to go BEFORE we pick although at 55, I wouldn’t complain with any number of them. Was staunchly against a WR in round 1 though, in fact I guaranteed we wouldn’t take one early.

I still don’t think we’ll be taking one today but there are some guys who are definitely worth the investment at this point. I think we ultimately sign Odell next week anyway.

I like a lot more players but wanted to keep the list reasonable. Forgot to list Christian Haynes. A couple of those players will be there at 55, which is very exciting but Newton and most the OL will likely be gone, along with DeJean.

Back
Top Bottom