What will we do at #55? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will we do at #55?

I completely disagree. You get players that you NEED. And it's not true that they don't have anything at edge before yesterday. They had more at edge than they have at guard.

If they don't fix the OLine, you're going to watch the offense collapse in December AGAIN. Band-aids aren't going to do the damned job.
There is still time to get players that they need though. There was no option of getting anyone like Chop after the 1st round but there are plenty of good OL left.

You have to factor in salary cap ramifications as well. It’s much better to have an edge rusher on a rookie contract compared to a guard as an edge is like 75% more expensive than a guard.

Clearly they aren’t banking on Phillips and/or Chubb being ready for the start of the season. The only healthy edge they have is Shaq Barrett so edge was a massive need as well.

Last edited:
There is still time to get players that they need though. There was no option of getting anyone like Chop after the 1st round but there are plenty of good OL left.

You have to factor in salary cap ramifications as well. It’s much better to have an edge rusher or a rookie contract compared to a guard as an edge is like 75% more expensive than a guard.

Clearly they aren’t banking on Phillips and/or Chubb being ready for the start of the season. The only healthy edge they have is Shaq Barrett so edge was a massive need as well.

Like I said, I'm waiting to see what happens tonight.

That said... Armstead and Wynn are MAJOR injury risks and an aging Lamm, and former UDFAs/7th rounders like Smith, Jones, and Hayes do not inspire confidence.
I just don't understand why Grier continues to say to the media and fans he isn't worried about the OLine

I just don't understand why Grier continues to say to the media and fans he isn't worried about the OLine
He'll keep saying it and keep being wrong and be out of a job when Tua gets killed by some Eichensh*t mishap.

We will probably draft Troy Franklin or Ladd McConkey because I would hate it

Didn't we just get one in FA prior to the draft?
Yes, Aaron Brewer from Tennessee. He's very athletic but also relatively light for a center. If Brewer comes good, that's great. If he doesn't, we have an alternate path for a key position. I guess I don't yet have the full confidence in Brewer, I've only seen some of the highlights. I felt that it was significant that the Titans having developed him, didn't offer the cash to keep him in Nashville.

As opposed to asking a rhetorical question, maybe just explain why you think 4 sacks and 15 tackles is compelling, and if so, why weren't you clamoring for them to use their first pick on this guy prior to the draft?

LOL I was clamoring for edge rushers months ago. And specifically mentioned Chop after talking about the big 3 first.

I wanted Latu the most but wanted any of the big 4.

Do you think coaches give out all conference first team honors to go guys who suck? Do you think he was third team all American because he sucked? Dude made QBs dump the ball instantly with his high win rate. Sacks are a couple plays here and there. Go watch some film.

Additionally i am Ohio State fan living in Oenn State country. Heard enough Lioms fans rave about him.

You basically just told everyone you don’t watch enough college to even have an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom