Who Are You Pounding the Table For? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are You Pounding the Table For?

Not pounding table but if we trade back to recoup a mid-round pick, it’d be fun to draft Johnny Wilson from FSU but turn him into a TE.
If he is willing to make the switch it could really work. He has surprising short area quickness for his size.

But if he is determined to be a WR then no thanks.

The players I'd love for Miami are unlikely to be there at 21:

Tier 1 Table Pounding: Fautana; Fuaga - both could play OG and then move to OT. Either could be all-pro at OG if they stayed there.

Tier 2 TP: Jared Verse; Laiatu Latu; Byron Murphy II. Especially the first two, even though Murphy could be a really good replacement for Wilkins.

Tier 3 TP: Trade down; try to get a 3rd rounder in addition.

I'd be "okay" with: Cooper Dejean; JC Latham; Barton; Jer'zhan Newton; Worthy (the last 4 after a trade down).

The players I'd love for Miami are unlikely to be there at 21:

Tier 1 Table Pounding: Fautana; Fuaga - both could play OG and then move to OT. Either could be all-pro at OG if they stayed there.

Tier 2 TP: Jared Verse; Laiatu Latu; Byron Murphy II. Especially the first two, even though Murphy could be a really good replacement for Wilkins.

Tier 3 TP: Trade down; try to get a 3rd rounder in addition.

I'd be "okay" with: Cooper Dejean; JC Latham; Barton; Jer'zhan Newton; Worthy (the last 4 after a trade down).
I would move Latham and Newton into tier 2 and move Latu out but I am pretty much with you.

I keep watching Chop Robinson thinking I must have missed something as to why he isn't a consensus top 25 pick. I can't find any reason why other than minor injury concerns. He's got a lot of pass rush moves - inside an outside, and super quick in space, and best first step in the draft. Also drops into coverage well. With Chubb and Phillips coming off serious leg injuries, we should absolutley be considering an OLD/EDGE player with our first pick. Especially with Phillips only under contract for only 1 more year.

I keep watching Chop Robinson thinking I must have missed something as to why he isn't a consensus top 25 pick. I can't find any reason why other than minor injury concerns. He's got a lot of pass rush moves - inside an outside, and super quick in space, and best first step in the draft. Also drops into coverage well. With Chubb and Phillips coming off serious leg injuries, we should absolutley be considering an OLD/EDGE player with our first pick. Especially with Phillips only under contract for only 1 more year.
I think the biggest knock on Chop is just his inexperience. He's 2 years younger than the others and is an early entrant to the draft. Combine that with the low number of actual sacks that he achieved, and he doesn't look like an immediate starter.

I prefer him to the others, but I'm a home run swing kind of drafter. I suspect that he'll be the best OLB-type Edge in this draft... eventually.

The only knock on Robison is his frame. He is 6-3 but 254, a little thick for that height, and not 6-4.. Otherwise he is clear first round talent.

Why was he able to actually get to the QB so rarely? Or make any plays at all?

Putting sacks and pressure aside do you guy realize that last year Robinson produced 15(FIFTEEN) tackles.

Coupled with his 3(THREE) sacks he actually put a guy with the ball in his hands on the ground less than 2 times per game.

I see the tremendous explosion off the snap but how the hell was he so unproductive?

The only knock on Robison is his frame. He is 6-3 but 254, a little thick for that height, and not 6-4.. Otherwise he is clear first round talent.
Good thing they didn't deep dive Zach's physical traits to this granularity.

Putting sacks and pressure aside do you guy realize that last year Robinson produced 15(FIFTEEN) tackles.

Coupled with his 3(THREE) sacks he actually put a guy with the ball in his hands on the ground less than 2 times per game.

I see the tremendous explosion off the snap but how the hell was he so unproductive?
Same reason why Danielle Hunter had 4 sacks his whole college career. Also look at the Penn defensive scheme, thier DL's job it to eat up blockers for the LB's. The top 5 tacklers on the team were LB's and Saftey....no DL at all. The people who are focusing on stats are the ones who will miss out on this guy.

I watched about a half season of Chop and he consistenly won his battles. He played a lot of 4 point stances, lots of wide 9, but doubt he'll do much of either in the NFL.

Dolphins trade back 5 or 6 spots and snag Graham Barton. Our LT of the future. He's a G for 24 then he'll move to tackle. I don't see how this guy can miss!

Back
Top Bottom