Who Are You Pounding the Table For? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are You Pounding the Table For?

Why was he able to actually get to the QB so rarely? Or make any plays at all?

Putting sacks and pressure aside do you guy realize that last year Robinson produced 15(FIFTEEN) tackles.

Coupled with his 3(THREE) sacks he actually put a guy with the ball in his hands on the ground less than 2 times per game.

I see the tremendous explosion off the snap but how the hell was he so unproductive?

Yep, I look at QB hits + sacks / pass rush attempts, and Robinson didn't stack up well there either, so it's not just a lack of sacks. It's a lack of actually getting to the QB. Latu, Verse, Turner, and Braswell all got to the QB at a significantly higher clip (in that particular metric, they all stack up really well to recent Edge classes).

Robinson is a bet on talent and development. And, the talent is significant, but the questions/concerns are, as well. I think most agree that your perspective on Robinson hinges on how you balance those.

Plus, as Largo noted, his relatively small, so his situation will be important.

Who would have to be on the board for you to say no to trading #21 and #158 to the Commanders for #36 and #40?

That is a no-brainer trade for the Fins. But who would have had to slide down to 21 for you to say no thanks to the trade?

Who would have to be on the board for you to say no to trading #21 and #158 to the Commanders for #36 and #40?

That is a no-brainer trade for the Fins. But who would have had to slide down to 21 for you to say no thanks to the trade?
I would have a hard time passing on Mims or Fautanu.

Fashanu, Latham and Fuaga as well.

So the top 5 OT's. :chuckle:

Bowers would be too good to pas on as well.

I doubt any of them will be there at #21, maybe Mims.

Barton is a guy I really like who has a solid shot of being on the board at #21 but I would take that trade over drafting him or Verse, Newton and Thomas Jr.

At 36 and 40 I could get Guyton and Fiske or Morgan and Isaac, or Frazier/JPJ/Haynes or some combo of them.

And then go BPA at #55 with someone like JT Sanders or Kris Jenkins or Ellis or Legette or Hicks or Amengadjie or D Robinson.

I would walk away happy landing 3 of those guys in some combo platter in R2.

That's an interesting trade proposal. I'd likely take that, unless these players are there at 21....

Bowers
Verse
Murphy
Newton
Fautanu
Latham

Maybes, or slight trade down???

Barton
Thomas (gamble on greatness)
Guyton (gamble on greatness)
Dejean

I think that specifoc deal is just too good. Maybe Fautanu is the only prospect I wouldn’t trade away from

There’s a world where you could get Jordan Morgan at 36 and Ladd/Ricky/Xaviers at 40. Would be a great haul

Every time I pound the table for a position, much less a specific player, I end up being disappointed. The Dolphins HAVE TO get more physical up front on that OL if January football is in their future.
Miami almost never takes the guy I want, especially early.

Wilkins was one where they did and that worked out well.

But I wanted Devante Parker but they should have taken Armstead.

I liked Waddle but would have taken Sewell.

I would have taken Herbert over Tua.

Well, we can and should enter a new QB window, take Joe Milton at 21, which is what I would do. Need to get into new 4 year window.

Johnny Wilson moves so much better than I remembered. His 2022 was the best season of any WR in this class vs man coverage (in terms of yards per route run) by a huge margin. It not hard to see why. He big-brothers CB's to create separation and provide huge windows - similar to Mike Evans. His arms are the longest ever. His catch radius is 99th percentile, his speed score 98th percentile.

He's a true X with plus blocking. I'm not saying he'll have a career like Evans, but he's the closest thing to Evans from a size, movement, and skill standpoint since Evans himself. Specifically for Miami, he'd give them a guy who can beat press with ease, convert tough 3rd downs, and that translates to the red zone as well. Imo being the isolated receiver (led all WR's in yards when isolated), with a weak-armed (and inaccurate QB), in college with the wide hashes, made him less productive than he would have been otherwise.

Anyway, he gets open, and even when he appears covered, the window he provides on back-shoulders is particularly large. Guys his size tend to struggle to get to their spots on time and with any fluidity, but Wilson gets to his spots consistently and is very fluid. In fact, he comes off the line very fast - lots of urgency in his routes.

He struggles to throttle down once he's near full-speed, and his YAC depends on the QB hitting him in stride. Once he stops his feet, he's not elusive, but with momentum, he's strong and smooth. His hands are inconsistent - some spectacular grabs, higher drop rate than you want.

There are a few WR's in this class that move different - have some freakiness to them that shows up on the field - and Wilson is toward the top of that list.

All offseason, and really going back to last offseason, I've been talking about how Miami needs to add some physicality to the skill groups, and Wilson would be a hell of a physical add.

I agree, Grier should target specimen. One is Johnny, the other is the Worthy. And also Jaylen Wright RB. The problem is we really need middle of the field defense, ILBs are S. If he trades down that's what he should focus on because the good ones will be gone by the time he picks again on day 3.
Other than that, I think he is likely to get a chance at Flournoy, Coker, or Hatten, those are good #3 WR, promising for day 3, which is what we need.

Johnny Wilson moves so much better than I remembered. His 2022 was the best season of any WR in this class vs man coverage (in terms of yards per route run) by a huge margin. It not hard to see why. He big-brothers CB's to create separation and provide huge windows - similar to Mike Evans. His arms are the longest ever. His catch radius is 99th percentile, his speed score 98th percentile.

He's a true X with plus blocking. I'm not saying he'll have a career like Evans, but he's the closest thing to Evans from a size, movement, and skill standpoint since Evans himself. Specifically for Miami, he'd give them a guy who can beat press with ease, convert tough 3rd downs, and that translates to the red zone as well. Imo being the isolated receiver (led all WR's in yards when isolated), with a weak-armed (and inaccurate QB), in college with the wide hashes, made him less productive than he would have been otherwise.

Anyway, he gets open, and even when he appears covered, the window he provides on back-shoulders is particularly large. Guys his size tend to struggle to get to their spots on time and with any fluidity, but Wilson gets to his spots consistently and is very fluid. In fact, he comes off the line very fast - lots of urgency in his routes.

He struggles to throttle down once he's near full-speed, and his YAC depends on the QB hitting him in stride. Once he stops his feet, he's not elusive, but with momentum, he's strong and smooth. His hands are inconsistent - some spectacular grabs, higher drop rate than you want.

There are a few WR's in this class that move different - have some freakiness to them that shows up on the field - and Wilson is toward the top of that list.

All offseason, and really going back to last offseason, I've been talking about how Miami needs to add some physicality to the skill groups, and Wilson would be a hell of a physical add.
I, too, am a fan of obtaining Wilson. I've been pooh poohing the idea of taking yet a other small reciever... or even taking a reciever with the idea of 'he gets separation, therefore he is better'.

Sometimes, cracking heads works. Beat a DBs ass, then out leap or outstretch him.

We don't have that weapon anywhere on our team. We need a true X. If we draft another 5'11" receiver, and ignore size... again... then I'll begin to seriously sour on McD's 'expertise'.

Back
Top Bottom