Who Do You Toss the Table for? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do You Toss the Table for?

Flexibility...

Every draft sees some odd choices, sees some players fall unexpectedly. If I ran the draft, I would have a couple of players who I would be more than willing to move up to get... and would have had conversations with every team above me about cost to move up.

With three thirds next year, I'm less concerned with the need to keep our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks (since we cant trade the comp picks yet). Don't get me wrong, I'm in no hurry to move these picks, but if the #1 guy on my board slides to 12-14 on the board, I'm willing to deal if the cost is reasonable.

That said... if my guys get wiped out early, I'm willing to move down.

My #1 target is JC Latham. I agree with nfl.com, I think he's the #1 lineman in this draft, but there are several Offensive Lineman that I like... whether I trade up or down... or not at all depends on what happens during the draft... if a 5th QB or 3 DBs go early... I'll sit back and laugh.

If the Linemen get wiped out, I'll look at the Edges next, because that means one will fall.

If I don't move down at #21, I'll almost certainly move down at #55 because I think there is a lot of depth in the positions we need.

My priority list is as follows OT, OG, Edge, RB, WR, S.

Are you asking what my Draft plan would be?

My goal would be to address both sides of the LOS early while trying to move back and pick up some picks in the 3-4 round range if possible.

There would be a few guys I would have to stick t #21 and take but in general I would love to move back 5-10 spots and land a 3rd+.

Day 3 is always going to be BPA for the most part but my shopping list would have a big WR, S(not really the year to be looking for one though) and a big short yardage RB at the top.

IF a guy like Fautanu or Latham slide to within a few slots of #21 I would be wiling to move something from 2025 to get one of them.They are going to have three 3rd's next year so you could put together a package comfortably.

An OL would could play inside early and then replace Armstead would be close to ideal for me in R1.

I have my board posted of the top 175. I have a few changes since then, but not many.

I would look to trade down and get more picks with 21 and 55. I would try to move up late as I don’t see much left after the top 175. I would not move down if Brock Bowers is on the board at 21. At 55 I am definitely moving down if possible unless Kris Jenkins is still there.

My goal is 2 OL, 1 DT, 1 big receiver, 1 CB, and 1safety. Guys I love late are mostly DBs. Myles Harden and Tykee Smith are my top targets at 158. Guy I also like late is Cody Schrader. He is such an over achiever.

Probably not getting Bowers, but there are other big receivers I like…Leggette, Coleman, Rice, Corley, Sinnott, and Jaheim Bell.

I have my board posted of the top 175. I have a few changes since then, but not many.

I would look to trade down and get more picks with 21 and 55. I would try to move up late as I don’t see much left after the top 175. I would not move down if Brock Bowers is on the board at 21. At 55 I am definitely moving down if possible unless Kris Jenkins is still there.

My goal is 2 OL, 1 DT, 1 big receiver, 1 CB, and 1safety. Guys I love late are mostly DBs. Myles Harden and Tykee Smith are my top targets at 158. Guy I also like late is Cody Schrader. He is such an over achiever.

Probably not getting Bowers, but there are other big receivers I like…Leggette, Coleman, Rice, Corley, Sinnott, and Jaheim Bell.
I am currently dreaming of doubling up on Mims and Jenkins in the first 2 rounds.

Miami could still use some of their extra picks next year to add something in the R 3-4 area if they really like someone.

I'd prefer to trade back a bit and I am starting to think they could get Mims in the 25-30 range.

Maybe wishful thinking.

I am currently dreaming of doubling up on Mims and Jenkins in the first 2 rounds.

Miami could still use some of their extra picks next year to add something in the R 3-4 area if they really like someone.

I'd prefer to trade back a bit and I am starting to think they could get Mims in the 25-30 range.

Maybe wishful thinking.
Someone I like will be there at 30. Mims, Fautanu, Barton, Morgan, Jenkins, there are a bunch of guys I really like for us.

Someone I like will be there at 30. Mims, Fautanu, Barton, Morgan, Jenkins, there are a bunch of guys I really like for us.
I doubt Fautanu drops that far, I expect him to go in the late teens.

Morgan is a sneaky good pick for Miami late in R1 or very early R2.

Moves very well which fits the profile and while he might be able to stay at OT he can slide inside and be a very good OG.

As for Jenkins, I don't do comps but he is a very similar player to Wilkins.Very good against the run but will need to work to improve his pass rushing.

Flexibility...

Every draft sees some odd choices, sees some players fall unexpectedly. If I ran the draft, I would have a couple of players who I would be more than willing to move up to get... and would have had conversations with every team above me about cost to move up.

With three thirds next year, I'm less concerned with the need to keep our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks (since we cant trade the comp picks yet). Don't get me wrong, I'm in no hurry to move these picks, but if the #1 guy on my board slides to 12-14 on the board, I'm willing to deal if the cost is reasonable.

That said... if my guys get wiped out early, I'm willing to move down.

My #1 target is JC Latham. I agree with nfl.com, I think he's the #1 lineman in this draft, but there are several Offensive Lineman that I like... whether I trade up or down... or not at all depends on what happens during the draft... if a 5th QB or 3 DBs go early... I'll sit back and laugh.

If the Linemen get wiped out, I'll look at the Edges next, because that means one will fall.

If I don't move down at #21, I'll almost certainly move down at #55 because I think there is a lot of depth in the positions we need.

My priority list is as follows OT, OG, Edge, RB, WR, S.

So JC Latham at 21 and then OG or EDGE at 55 preferably with a trade down from 55.

Are you asking what my Draft plan would be?

My goal would be to address both sides of the LOS early while trying to move back and pick up some picks in the 3-4 round range if possible.

There would be a few guys I would have to stick t #21 and take but in general I would love to move back 5-10 spots and land a 3rd+.

Day 3 is always going to be BPA for the most part but my shopping list would have a big WR, S(not really the year to be looking for one though) and a big short yardage RB at the top.

IF a guy like Fautanu or Latham slide to within a few slots of #21 I would be wiling to move something from 2025 to get one of them.They are going to have three 3rd's next year so you could put together a package comfortably.

An OL would could play inside early and then replace Armstead would be close to ideal for me in R1.

Latham or Fautanu at 21, the DL/EDGE at 55.

OL (I guess Mims OT) at 21 and then DT Kris Jenkins preferably at 55, trade down preferred at 55. With a trade down from55, a big receiver like Sinnott, Corley, Rice, Bell, Legette.
Day 3: Tykee Smith, Myles Harden, Cody Schrader.

So the consensus among three of you is OL at 21 and DT/DL at 55, with trade down possibly,

So JC Latham at 21 and then OG or EDGE at 55 preferably with a trade down from 55.
In a perfect world, Latham at 21.

Then trade 55 for a high 3 and high 4 (that's what the chart says 55 is worth).

Then perhaps Johnny Wilson and the best remaing Pass pro/receiving RB.

That would hit the three areas where I feel we are deficient in our offense-- which in my mind is how you win in today's NFL.

Then I'd bargain hunt at DE, OLB, and safety.

Back
Top Bottom