Wilkins weighs in on Tua being “overrated” | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilkins weighs in on Tua being “overrated”

Just like Marino! Choke artist! Bum! He couldn't even win the big one in lame ass college football. Wish we had drafted Eli Manning, a real QB who won games when it mattered.

Are you not embarrassed when you read your own comments?
his name says it all :)

If it was easy as you go as far as your QB can take you than Dan Marino would have a better playoff record than 8-10 and a handful of rings.
When I hear somebody say it's all about playoffs or SB wins, what I hear is that they don't understand football all that well so they need to rely on simple team metrics. It's ridiculous, of course, otherwise you'd see most QB rankings with Dilfer above Marino. But people repeat it all the time. Probably b/c their equally stupid friends agree with them.

Spot on. Tua is a great regular season QB like Phillip Rivers was or Dak Prescott currently is. Unfortunately, this isn't lame a** college football where the regular season actually means anything, other than qualifying for the real season. Until Tua starts winning in the real season he will be just like Lamar, a choke artist. Hopefully that changes in 2024/25.

You. You and I aligned on many things with Tannehill. You might want perspective.

Tannehill didn't win a playoff game until his seventh year. That's THREE YEARS FROM NOW for Tua.

Tua gotta step up more in the big games and the games that matter most IE playoffs/games with division title on the line/home field advantage.

If he continues to disappoint in these moments, then I think he will be done as a dolphin. Mike McDaniel might be as well.

Right after Tua signs a long term contract for 50+ million and Coach Has two winning seasons in a row but for falls short in the POs

PO Game one without Tua

PO Game two the 3rd or 4th coldest Game in NFL history missing 3/5s of his starting OLine

Hot Mess Popcorn GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Did anyone see the article where Gesicki said he has never been in a huddle of a more talented team than Cinn? It came up on my phone and now I can't find it. Not saying it was a flame story it could have been benign but curious if anyone read the thing.

Did anyone see the article where Gesicki said he has never been in a huddle of a more talented team than Cinn? It came up on my phone and now I can't find it. Not saying it was a flame story it could have been benign but curious if anyone read the thing.
Considering half of the huddle is Oline, im not surprised.

Tua ranks much better in production than any "experts" QB rankings lists out there... Not sure how one could make an argument he's any kind of overrated right now...
I’ve never seen a player still on his rookie contract who’s coming off of a pro bowl, led the league in passing, and 34-19 win loss record get so much ridiculous and completely unwarranted shite thrown his way. It’s hard to understand, honestly…

I’ve never seen a player still on his rookie contract who’s coming off of a pro bowl, led the league in passing, and 34-19 win loss record get so much ridiculous and completely unwarranted shite thrown his way. It’s hard to understand, honestly…

Same phenomenon that occurred with the firwt Black NFL qb in modern era. Same with first Japanese ML pitcher. Same with first Chinese NBA player.

America has always hard a hard time accepting the “first” person from a minority group into the NFL, MLB or the NBA.

I don’t understand the question. Honestly, if anything Tua is underrated. I live in NE and I can tell you most non dolphins fans think Tua stinks and was only successful last year because of the supporting cast. I hear it over and over just like they hear that the Patriots stink lol.
Some people think he is overrated and some don’t so it’s a stupid question.

Back
Top Bottom