Would You Trade For A D Tackle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade For A D Tackle

I'd not trade for either DT from Washington. Miami seems to have moved on from Wilkins by signing 8 players along the DLine in F/A. Whether it improved the team, remains to be seen. The defensive philosophy appears to have also changed, from years past. Weaver seems to believe in having depth all along is DLine. A Force in Numbers approach. It worked in Baltimore, now let's see if the same approach works in Miami.

Payne makes 22 mil a year and Allen makes 15.

It's not a bad idea, I just don't think we have the money
Took the words out of my mouth. Ok both played a 30 front at Bama but I think both seem better fits in the 40 front that they've been playing in. Not to say they couldn't have a Madubuike type season but I think we already have that guy in Mr Underrated himself, Zach Sieler

I wouldn’t make a trade. I think Benito and co will surprise us in a good way. Seiler will have a solid year. Overall our DL will be competitive. Then we will likely take a DT next year.

I shudder to think that our season might be over if Zach Seiler were to go down with a season-ending injury because of the lack of a DT who's good enough to eat those snaps.

To me, that is the true weakness of losing Wilkins and replacing him in the aggregate. We're all assuming Seiler will be 100% healthy and perfectly productive.

God help us if injury strikes the DT position in 2024, just as it seemed to last year at Center and Edge.
I get where you're coming from but knock on wood, Zach has played in every game since he's been a fin.

We need to stop panicking, about a DT, there are enough talent their to do a decent job of stopping the run, focus on the O-line.

We need to stop panicking, about a DT, there are enough talent their to do a decent job of stopping the run, focus on the O-line.

Fairly sure the front office feel exactly the same about the O line. Unless there are injuries I don’t foresee any new additions

Would you be ok with making a trade with Washington for Jonathon Allen or Daron Payne? I think either would help solidify the D-line and definitely help with stopping the run. I think with them drafting Jer'Zhan Newton, they may be willing to let one of their D-lineman go. If not, if you could trade for one player to help on D-line or O-line, whom would it be?
I don't think either one of those dudes would be available at this time as Newton is in a walking boot right now. Also, Allen's price tag would probably be prohibitive. Now if you could get Allen for a 4th or lower I would do it. The Fins have Sieler and a cast of "hopefuls", but no one that is going to stop Sieler from being double teamed on most plays.

I am excited to see what our DC does with our DT's. Baltimore last drafted a DT higher than the 3rd round in 2014, where Timmy Jernigan was taken in the second round. I hope we see at least one more Zach Sieler arise from nowhere in this system. Baltimore has done that with guys like Justin Madubuike, who was a 3rd rounder and had a great year. Screen Shot 2024-05-11 at 9.00.30 AM.png
But looking at his whole career, not so great.

Screen Shot 2024-05-11 at 9.03.07 AM.png
13 sacks and 33 QB hits wow.

Weaver find us this year's Madubuike PLEASE!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-11 at 9.00.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-11 at 9.00.30 AM.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-11 at 9.02.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-11 at 9.02.01 AM.png
    32 KB · Views: 0
K… there are reportedly a half dozen NFL ready DTs in the 2025 draft. Calais Campbell is out there, and at 37 is still productive. He can play everywhere, and is a force in the Locker room. I’m partial, as he’s my Canes brother. He did take out Tannehill on a low hit, but…..
Prolly about 4 million base… with incentives. Just a thought… that has already been discussed here.
I want Campbell…sign him….no trade needed.

We can win a chip with Campbell & the DT's we have now in rotation.

Esp. if Phillips & Chubb come back and play strong at the end of the year.

I don’t know how Grier goes into the season with the Oline as is. He’s got a lot of confidence in our young players from last year or his who is out of whack.

Gm’s thinking they have it figured out and being wrong is not unusual.

I just can’t wrap my head around going into the year with Wynn, Brewer, Jones, Driscoll and Liam battling it out for the three spots.

Admittedly I have no idea if Driscoll is good or bad

I want Campbell…sign him….no trade needed.

We can win a chip with Campbell & the DT's we have now in rotation.

Esp. if Phillips & Chubb come back and play strong at the end of the year.
It sounds crazy as he'll be 38 at the start of the season. But, he had a good year last year and is a locker room leader. If his heart is in playing another year, not a bad guy to have around...

Would you be ok with making a trade with Washington for Jonathon Allen or Daron Payne? I think either would help solidify the D-line and definitely help with stopping the run. I think with them drafting Jer'Zhan Newton, they may be willing to let one of their D-lineman go. If not, if you could trade for one player to help on D-line or O-line, whom would it be?
No. Maybe sign Calais Campbell to a one year deal and then we’re done at this position for this year. Then Sign Justin Simons at safety and greg Van Rotten at guard and we’ll be ready for the season.

I don’t know how Grier goes into the season with the Oline as is. He’s got a lot of confidence in our young players from last year or his who is out of whack.

Gm’s thinking they have it figured out and being wrong is not unusual.

I just can’t wrap my head around going into the year with Wynn, Brewer, Jones, Driscoll and Liam battling it out for the three spots.

Admittedly I have no idea if Driscoll is good or bad
I'm not sure why this is always put at the feet of Grier or the GM in general. Wouldn't it be more of a case of the coaching staff being comfortable with the talent they have than the GM? I doubt the coaches are saying we have a problem with our oline talent and the GM is standing on an island alone saying, not I'm confortable with what we have. Or the opposite, I doubt the coaches are saying we like the guards we have, but the GM is saying I don't care I'm going to sign more anyway.

Back
Top Bottom