WR Malik Washington | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Malik Washington

In that video the announcer compared Washington to Keion Coleman and said that "for his money, Washington was the best WR in the ACC".
I don't think he compared them in style of play, because they really are different. Coleman is more of a big radius contested catch guy, whereas Washington is a great separation and RAC guy.

I don't see DT as a need. I have Seiler as filling the Wilkins role. And we have a ton of veteran, adequate level starters to fill the Seiler role. Not to mention that in Weaver's defense you'll have DEs and Edges that reduce inside on passing downs. I expect that we'll end up cutting one or two adequate starters at DT by the time the season rolls around.
Totally agree. I think Weaver will put more emphasis on the linebackers making plays and the DTs occupying blockers.

I don't see DT as a need. I have Seiler as filling the Wilkins role. And we have a ton of veteran, adequate level starters to fill the Seiler role. Not to mention that in Weaver's defense you'll have DEs and Edges that reduce inside on passing downs. I expect that we'll end up cutting one or two adequate starters at DT by the time the season rolls around.

I don’t agree at all. I don’t see a single “adequate level starter” on this roster after Seiler. I see a few rotational pieces that are barely rotational level. Hopefully I’m wrong and you’re right. We have 12 adequate edge guys however so maybe the plan is to run two down lineman in most sets 🤷🏼‍♂️

It seems to me in this 3-4 DT/DE are just eating up blockers. They will attack with the LBs.

Gaurd is still an issue. I would also like another Safety and a WR. but Overal we seem pretty loaded in important positions

Yea, I keep seeing people say this as if it is just an easy thing to do, some giving this vibe that you only need big bodies to eat up blocks

I’m gonna be the a-hole and say we should temper our expectations a bit with this guy. Some of you are penciling him in as a productive starting number 3. I think we are a long ass way from that. I’m not saying he sucks or anything but be a little realistic with him getting targets with our WRs, Jonnu etc we get hype about these late round picks every year and 1 in 10 end up making some real noise

Ok fire away lol

Fair enough. Let’s hope all that is correct.

I’m gonna be the a-hole and say we should temper our expectations a bit with this guy. Some of you are penciling him in as a productive starting number 3. I think we are a long ass way from that. I’m not saying he sucks or anything but be a little realistic with him getting targets with our WRs, Jonnu etc we get hype about these late round picks every year and 1 in 10 end up making some real noise

Ok fire away lol
Nothing you said is wrong but to some here they think every pick we make will be an all pro. They love to use examples of guys that were the exception and not the rule.

For every 6th rounder that becomes an all pro… they’re 1000 other guys you’ve never heard of.

Ok fire away lol
The main issue hes going to have, which all our WRs have, will be learning the playbook. No doubt hes got the athleticism, hands, and skills in the slot.

The main issue hes going to have, which all our WRs have, will be learning the playbook. No doubt hes got the athleticism, hands, and skills in the slot.

He’s definitely got some intangibles but his measurables leave something to be desired. If he can become a Davone Bess type player we will all be happy. Even better a Wes Welker 😀

He produced with below average QB play so that says a lot to me. He was probably the only decent weapon on offense though

Ok fire away lol
It's not being an a-hole. More like a pragmatic opinion. Washington first needs to get past Berrios, Cracraft and Ezukanma in the depth chart and all those guys have plenty of experience in the system. It's all about timing and accuracy of routes, which will take some time to master. The opportunity is there but it's by no means a given.

Back
Top Bottom