Your Surprise Pick for Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Surprise Pick for Miami?

It will be an OT, the question is if the OT will be intended to be an OT or OG.

MIMS has the metrics but Georgia lineman can be a bit odd.
GUYTON has all the tools to be an all world OT, but hasn't put it all together.

Real surprises will be in the 2nd round. There is guy named Penix whom some of you love who might be floating around. He is basically another Tua type...

Last edited:
A Naked Burrito. 😂😂😂

I mentioned Dejean in the Draft Thread as my surprise pick.

The only 2 guys Miami's spoken with, who are potential 1st round picks have been DeJean and JPJ. I don't find that to be coincidence. Although it appears JPJ is now looking like he's going to go top of round two.

There is something very different about this draft cycle compared to other years.

So as of now it's Cooper DeJean for me at #21. If Miami keeps the pick.

i would hate the Coleman pick at 21. He is way too slow he ran a 4.61 at the combine.

The only WR I would take in round 1 is Thomas.
I think Coleman will drop further than expected. Not sure he makes it to 55, but separation/speed isn't his thing.

But he is essentially always open with his ability to play above the rim. Does fit what Miami needs.

A Naked Burrito. 😂😂😂

I mentioned Dejean in the Draft Thread as my surprise pick.

The only 2 guys Miami's spoken with, who are potential 1st round picks have been DeJean and JPJ. I don't find that to be coincidence. Although it appears JPJ is now looking like he's going to go top of round two.

There is something very different about this draft cycle compared to other years.

So as of now it's Cooper DeJean for me at #21. If Miami keeps the pick.
Good stuff.

Question...is a naked burrito just beans?

Bowers and Verse are both "pound the table for" players in my view. Verse is 24 so maybe he drops a bit?
Odd reaches and trades always let someone slide on day 1.. im getting a very offensive heavy top 20 vibe this year.
If we can get a top player from the dl/edge/secondary.. im sold. I just hope he picks a Phillips(ideally less injury history) type and not a Harris etc

My surprise pick: Any WR.
I can’t understand how someone who sees the need for as many good cornerbacks as possible, doesn’t see the need to have a third WR. Why would a team need a lot of good CBs if they weren’t facing at least three good receivers every game? The Dolphins need to put opposing defenses in the same dilemma.

I can’t understand how someone who sees the need for as many good cornerbacks as possible, doesn’t see the need to have a third WR. Why would a team need a lot of good CBs if they weren’t facing at least three good receivers every game? The Dolphins need to put opposing defenses in the same dilemma.

Because the individual talent of the DB directly effects the QB's decision. The corner doesn't rely on any other player to do his job but in turn helps promote the success of the DL with his individual talents. A WR relies on the OL and the QB to have success before the WR can ultimately make the play. The CB play is made immediately and if he loses, it spells disaster for the entire defense. The idea is enhanced when you have a vulnerable DL, like we do.

Great CB's vs Great WR's, I'll take the corners everytime.

Late round pick - Tip Reiman TE from the Fighting Illini. He's big - 6'5", 275 lbs, big hands 10.5" and he also has the frame to get a lot bigger. 22 years old and he's a good blocker who can also catch. Excelled in a lot of the NFL Combine drills. I don't study the college football like many others on FH. However, it struck me that Reiman is like Durham Smythe (ie good blocker who can catch a bit) - he's also roughly the same size as Smythe. (I know that we picked up Jonnu Smith in free agency, but Jonnu's a much better pass catching TE than the other guys. Mike McDaniel will probably utilize him in the passing game.
I see Reiman as potential backup for Durham Smythe, whose blocking contribution is significant in this offense.

Last edited:
Because the individual talent of the DB directly effects the QB's decision. The corner doesn't rely on any other player to do his job but in turn helps promote the success of the DL with his individual talents. A WR relies on the OL and the QB to have success before the WR can ultimately make the play. The CB play is made immediately and if he loses, it spells disaster for the entire defense. The idea is enhanced when you have a vulnerable DL, like we do.

Great CB's vs Great WR's, I'll take the corners everytime.
It's also a position where you need quality depth if you're a serious super bowl contender.

Back
Top Bottom