Are The Dolphins and Tua Further Apart Than People Think? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins and Tua Further Apart Than People Think?

In this case, I agree with Florio:

"The challenge continues to be finding the right number for that. Where in the continuum of quarterback contracts does Tua fit? If the two sides agreed on that, they’d already have a deal."

"The challenge continues to be finding the right number for that. Where in the continuum of quarterback contracts does Tua fit? If the two sides agreed on that, they’d already have a deal."

Not exactly deep thought by him is it.

Basically saying if the two sides agree there will be a deal...and they are still working on it.

Edit to add. It appears you are scouring the internet looking for straws to grab that point to a deal that won't get done. These two clowns (flo/Simms) wouldn't be my first choice if I were looking for objective opinion regarding our soon to be signed long-term QB1.

Last edited:

Florio has no clue what is going on between the dolphins and Tua. You post this stuff in excitement because of your bias.

There is no rush to sign Tua in mid April.

Not exactly deep thought by him is it.

Basically saying if the two sides agree there will be a deal...and they are still working on it.
Yeah, this is pretty weak stuff and doesn't really say anything. I also enjoy when he says "reading between the lines".......typical Florio

There’s 1 throw out of like 10 that’s behind the rest are perfectly in stride hitting both hands, watch the video again..

I watched the video so your response above doesn't really make sense to me. There is very clearly more than "1 throw" that is far enough out of position to be extremely difficult on Hill.

To expect a QB that throws with anticipation (to one of the fastest WRs in the league) to be hitting him in the numbers all the time is wrong. Many throws are going to be off and therefore hard to catch for the WR. I find nothing shocking about that.

There are certainly a few egregious drops (mostly at the beginning almost always around the endzone), but there are several where it's totally understandable Hill didn't make the catch including at least one that was almost uncatchable entirely which leads to another issue...

...the fact someone put together a package of stuff and felt they could include among the "examples" instances where Hill barely got his fingertips on the ball kind of says everything.

Whatever narrative someone wants to push--like Hill's drops being some terrible issue--they'll probably cross the line and start including "evidence" which is shoddy.

One of things we're trying to do is get away from single-minded narratives. We shouldn't blame everything on anyone. We shouldn't throw 170 balls to a WR using a QB who throws early and expect not to get a few that are tough enough on the WR to end up incomplete.

We can blame Hill for the few egregious drops without using examples that undermine the point.

Honesty is the best policy.

Guesses on my behalf:
-if Herbert were able to test the market right now, he would still get his current deal
-if Hurts were able to test the market right now, he would not get his current deal (Eagles top ticked him, which given how he looked and the fact that he took them to the SB, makes it understandable that he got the deal he did)
-NFL GM's believe Tua is a tier below Herbert. You and others may think differently. I may think differently. This is not meant to be my comparison of the merits of Tua vs Herbert. My point is I think most NFL GM's believe Herbert is the better QB, for whatever reason (they may over-index to arm strength)
-My view of Herbert is talk to me after this year. The coaching situation in San Diego was such a mess, I don't know how much of the underachievement is on Herbert, versus what they had running the team. I do find it interesting that Tua gets more sh*t from the pundits for quarterbacking the Dolphins to an 11-6 record than Herbert does for leading the Chargers to a 5-12 record. Herbert was also at the helm for the bedwetting against Jacksonville in the playoffs last year
You have absolutely no idea if this is true.

You have absolutely no idea if this is true.
Well, even though it is an opinion, I think it's probably accurate.

Not that it really matters, but if I'm being honest, given the choice of one or the other, I think it's safe to say the vast majority of GMs and HCs take Herbie over Tua.

I'm not sure why ppl would take offense at that.

Well, even though it is an opinion, I think it's probably accurate.

Not that it really matters, but if I'm being honest, given the choice of one or the other, I think it's safe to say the vast majority of GMs and HCs take Herbie over Tua.

I'm not sure why ppl would take offense at that.
I don't take offense, there's just no way to know if it's true and anybody saying it is a factual statement rather than an opinion is misleading.

You saying it's safe to say the vast majority of GM's and HC's take Herbie over Tua is what YOU think, not what actual GM's or coaches think.

I don't take offense, there's just no way to know if it's true and anybody saying it is a factual statement rather than an opinion is misleading.

You saying it's safe to say the vast majority of GM's and HC's take Herbie over Tua is what YOU think, not what actual GM's or coaches think.
Do you disagree?

I already said it is an opinion, so not sure the point if restating that.

Let's be realistic here. Anything other that historical events or basic statistical data is opinion, including most Twatter reposts, is opinion. I think most ppl realize that. Most forums would be dead of very boring if opinions were banished.

I do understand, and agree, that stating things as fact that are not is very annoying at times, but I only go down that road when posters actually say things that are opinions are "facts". Most of the time statements can be assumed as opinions. I don't see the need, or point, in expecting a disclaimer in those circumstances.

Now, it is also true that opinions can be made up, emotionally biased, or based on rational thought processes.

Obviously we do not have a poll of GMs, answering that specific question, but IMO it is probably a safe assumption, based on attributes of most drafted, as well as most top tier QBs.

If ppl want to don their aqua and orange glasses, fine by me, but their statements have to be taken accordingly. The same is true of those who have shown a consistent bias against Tua. Their BS can't be taken at face value, either

Imo thats a fact! 😆
All anyone can do is gather evidence that they can interpret to develop an educated opinion, ideally some facts can be found to support it.
But when you're discussing what's going on in people's minds in regards to gm's and who or how they value anyone is all theory and opinion. GM's rarely share inside info and if they do .. is it credible or misdirection?
Everything has to be dissected and analyzed to get the best educated opinion.
'Imo' Tua and Herbert are 2 different types of qb's. Of course GM's are gonna favor one over the other.. but it really boils down to if they think their coach can make them excel with their skill set. 'I think' McDaniel was a perfect solution for Tua and has allowed other teams to recognize his abilities moreso and maybe even switched some GM's 'opinions'.
'I also think' that he would have done a great job with Herbert as well, to be fair.

'Imo' Tua and Herbert are 2 different types of qb's. Of course GM's are gonna favor one over the other.. but it really boils down to if they think their coach can make them excel with their skill set. 'I think' McDaniel was a perfect solution for Tua and has allowed other teams to recognize his abilities moreso and maybe even switched some GM's 'opinions'.
'I also think' that he would have done a great job with Herbert as well, to be fair.
Hi Neighbor (Myrtle Beach here)

I think this is pretty accurate. Herbert has the physical attributes that I think most GM's consider the perfect QB specimen but need to develop the other aspects of his game. Tua is still a work in progress on the perfect physical condition question as the team and Tua try to narrow in one the perfect weight & bulk to allow him to continue to grow his game. The other aspects of Tua's game are mostly better than Herbert with the exception of arm strength. No, Tua doesn't have a weak arm....but Herbert has an extraordinarily strong one.

I think to be fair, in comes down to what you are looking for. Accuracy and anticipation or throwing bullets and a country mile. Personally, I like Tua. Not only because he is a Fin but that accuracy in the NFL is pretty critical when a receiver being wide open is like 4" of separation. However, both types of QB's can win. History has proven that.

It started with me saying "these are my guesses." Anyhow.....

Do you disagree?

I already said it is an opinion, so not sure the point if restating that.

Let's be realistic here. Anything other that historical events or basic statistical data is opinion, including most Twatter reposts, is opinion. I think most ppl realize that. Most forums would be dead of very boring if opinions were banished.

I do understand, and agree, that stating things as fact that are not is very annoying at times, but I only go down that road when posters actually say things that are opinions are "facts". Most of the time statements can be assumed as opinions. I don't see the need, or point, in expecting a disclaimer in those circumstances.

Now, it is also true that opinions can be made up, emotionally biased, or based on rational thought processes.

Obviously we do not have a poll of GMs, answering that specific question, but IMO it is probably a safe assumption, based on attributes of most drafted, as well as most top tier QBs.

If ppl want to don their aqua and orange glasses, fine by me, but their statements have to be taken accordingly. The same is true of those who have shown a consistent bias against Tua. Their BS can't be taken at face value, either
thanks. not to mention, i started that comment by clearly stating "these are my guesses." further, look what i ended with. it is just unreal

Back
Top Bottom