Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB?

Could i pick 5 better QBs that I'd prefer to be the Miami QB. Yes.
Am I fine with Tua right now? Yes.
Can Tua win and go playoffs with a healthy supporting cast? Yes
Am I confident Tua can put the the team on his back when it matters beit players injured or 4th Qtr comebacks. No.
That's about where i am with Tua right now. If his improvement curve is still going up then happy days. If he's hit his ceiling then the team needs to look at QB next off season.

All I know is that I hope he is the Dolphins starting QB for the next decade at minimum. He is far better than any QB the Dolphins have had since Marino and I have no desire to trade him or let him walk in free agency and then spending years looking for a QB to be as good as he is.

Could i pick 5 better QBs that I'd prefer to be the Miami QB. Yes.
Am I fine with Tua right now? Yes.
Can Tua win and go playoffs with a healthy supporting cast? Yes
Am I confident Tua can put the the team on his back when it matters beit players injured or 4th Qtr comebacks. No.
That's about where i am with Tua right now. If his improvement curve is still going up then happy days. If he's hit his ceiling then the team needs to look at QB next off season.
The only way that is a viable option is if we don't give him a new contract.

Not saying we should, or shouldn't, but I believe it's 90%+ chance that we will.

Kill Me Goodbye GIF by Film Riot

Hello all,
I just read this Article, link below, questioning and looking at objective and most important QB related stats to see if the numbers back up Tua being a top 5 QB or not. Personally, I don't see him as a top 5 QB but we can't argue with Tua's stats. The writer has done a great job at looking at various Stats. Based on the Stats, it would be hard to argue that he is not a top 10 QB. I know some people focus too much on the talent level, especially, the national media (Chris Simms, Colin Cowherd) and point out that, for example Justin Herbert, is a top 5 QB. This is a well-researched article accumulating the major QB Stats.

this leads to what do you pay him and when do you do the deal? now or 5th year option. it seems 5th year option is off the table and the dolphins will be doing a deal now. what should the number be? years, AAV, and guaranteed dollars?

What I got from the article.

The stats say Tua is top 5. The writer, introducing his own opinion and bias, rates Tua at somewhere between 5 and 8.

All good.

The stats don’t lie.

Stats say top 5. Argue from there. The writer here chose to argue against the stats. All good.

In no particular order after Mahomes....

1. Mahomes

2. Josh Allen
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Joe Burrow
5. Aaron Rodgers

A good and completely fair list.

If the rules were changed to not allow QB's to run the ball what would the list look like? Do you want your QB to be running the ball as much as a Jackson or Allen?

Football is a team sport. IMHO if everyone did their part equally well (including the play calling), a QB shouldn't have to "go off script and create plays" on his own. In short, I don't think it is fair to hold it against a QB if that isn't his strong suit (at least not if you aren't acknowledging others failures on that play).

1-4 is set between Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Lamar

Tua is 5-13 range and there’s really no set spot, you could argue for just about any of these guys could be 5th and just about all of them have arguments for 13 just as much as they do 5th.
I have Tua/Purdy/dak/cousins/Goff/Hurts/Herbert/Love/Stroud in that group.

Who is more accurate and makes quicker decisions? Noone.

Who is better at ad-lib when crap gets sideways? Only Mahomes and Rodgers.

Keep our core guys on the field and he will shred anyone in the league. The numbers matter way more than the "eye test" garbage people try to use to justify.

this leads to what do you pay him and when do you do the deal? now or 5th year option. it seems 5th year option is off the table and the dolphins will be doing a deal now. what should the number be? years, AAV, and guaranteed dollars?
You have your own thread on this. Step away.

Back
Top Bottom