Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB?

All I know is that I hope he is the Dolphins starting QB for the next decade at minimum. He is far better than any QB the Dolphins have had since Marino and I have no desire to trade him or let him walk in free agency and then spending years looking for a QB to be as good as he is.
Just because he is far better than the collection of bums the fins have paraded out there, I'm not ready for another 10 years of him. Let him prove his salt this year...

This thread is about Tua. He needs to learn how to win a big game and not shrink or choke. Elite QB's carry teams on their back. We need to see him do that. Right now Top 5 is but a pipe dream.

Interesting.

I always find the "carry teams on their back" to be an interesting topic.

For instance, between Tua/Lamar Jackson/ Josh Allen and Mahomes..
Which QB needed to score more then 30 points to win a game and was successful the last 2 seasons

The answer might surprise you.

Being clutch and putting the team on their backs are 2 diferrent things.

A defense holding the opposing teams to under 20 points and the QB leading a game winning drive is not putting team on their backs IMO

A defense giving up 30+ and not being able to stop a team, and the QB still manages to lead the team to victory? That's putting the team on their backs.

I'll give you a hint.... Tua was more successful, or had to win more games in that scenario.

I don't know if he is number 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7. I honestly don't think it matters. This is all subjective but I would certainly put Tua in the conversation of the top 5.

I think the best part about Tua.....is he is going to continue to improve. So whether he is number 3 or number 7..........we are likely going to see that number move closer to the top. What a great position to be in.....
Yep imo there's Mahomes and then there's everyone else. Top whatever after Mahomes doesn't really matter.

Opinions on this site and opinions of media members really mean nothing. Tua has proven that he is a top 5 qb and the math backs that up. He’s also a proven winner and his record is proof of that. I don’t care what anyone “thinks.” There is definitive data.

Interesting.

I always find the "carry teams on their back" to be an interesting topic.

For instance, between Tua/Lamar Jackson/ Josh Allen and Mahomes..
Which QB needed to score more then 30 points to win a game and was successful the last 2 seasons

The answer might surprise you.

Being clutch and putting the team on their backs are 2 diferrent things.

A defense holding the opposing teams to under 20 points and the QB leading a game winning drive is not putting team on their backs IMO

A defense giving up 30+ and not being able to stop a team, and the QB still manages to lead the team to victory? That's putting the team on their backs.

I'll give you a hint.... Tua was more successful, or had to win more games in that scenario.
Please stop the madness! Not worth a comment if you are somehow trying to equate Tua with those 3.

Forget stats and ask yourself this question. If there was a draft of all NFL players and things like salary was equal, how far down the line would Tua be on your draft board of QBs?
What is the draft order in this theoretical exercise? Do the Dolphins have a top 5 pick? Contracts (but not age) being equal I think Tua is gone before pick #6.

Just because he is far better than the collection of bums the fins have paraded out there, I'm not ready for another 10 years of him. Let him prove his salt this year...
My view is he has proved his salt already. It certainly wasn’t his fault his starting offensive line was lost for the latter part of last season.

The defense also suffered season ending injuries to their two best pass rushers and injuries to Baker, Howard, and Holland led to the defense being just mediocre at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

There was a reason Marino never won a SB and that reason was because he never had a complete team around
him. Unfortunately Tua has been in that same situation since coming to Miami.

Put Tua on the 49ers and the 49ers would still have been in the SB last year.

To the credit of the author of the article, he did mention that Tua needs to deliver in big games/post season. To be fair to Tua, it is hard to win big games at the end against Balt, Buf and KC when half your Team is out injured or playing injured. I would venture no good team had that kind of injuries throughout the year like Miami did.
I wish everyone would actually acknowledge this and the fact that McD needs to become more versatile and less cute in his play calling against better teams. Does Tua need to play better when it matters....absolutely! HOWEVER I think it is less Tua being able to deliver and more the other factors as to why we did not win a playoff game this year.

Back
Top Bottom