Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB?

My view is he has proved his salt already. It certainly wasn’t his fault his starting offensive line was lost for the latter part of last season.

The defense also suffered season ending injuries to their two best pass rushers and injuries to Baker, Howard, and Holland led to the defense being just mediocre at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

There was a reason Marino never won a SB and that reason was because he never had a complete team around
him. Unfortunately Tua has been in that same situation since coming to Miami.

Put Tua on the 49ers and the 49ers would still have been in the SB last year.
I respect your opinion. Yes, its a team game with a variety of factors contributing to losses. But no matter the reason, Tua has come up small time and time again in big games. Like it or not the QB shoulders the majority of the blame for losses and gets the most kudos for wins. It's a QB driven league and thats just tbe way it is.

I his defense, he has played one playoff game in minus 200 degrees. Not exactly a fair barometer. If we have a relatively healthy team and we lose again in spectacular fashion in the playoffs, then I'm on board with the naysayers. I'm still on Team Tua for now.
That is not exactly true. The game at home against Buffalo bills the week before KC game was, in every sense of the word, a playoff game(considering what was at stake).

But we did have a very banged up roster that night.

Forget stats and ask yourself this question. If there was a draft of all NFL players and things like salary was equal, how far down the line would Tua be on your draft board of QBs?
Only someone with an Agenda would forget the stats because it`s really the only way they would even have a shot at there argument . QB wise though , 2nd there`s only 1 QB i would take before him and a couple years from now that probably even changes for the better . Why you ask .. well because as someone said above me there isn`t 1 QB in the NFL right now that can release it as quick and as accurate as Tua and i would take that every time over someone with a cannon for a arm .

Last edited:
Stat wise - yes.

Top 5 that can win a playoff game? Nope, not yet. Hopefully that will change with healthy WR's & RB's and a healthy defense.

Will we ever play a playoff game with our full squad….is that so hard?

Please stop the madness! Not worth a comment if you are somehow trying to equate Tua with those 3.
What exactly have the other 2 done though? Josh Allen is the messiah to some on this board with how they lust after him but here we are going into season 7 ands he's still not even got to a Superbowl never mind win one.

Lamar last season had the #1 running game, the #1 defence, the #1 seed with homefield advantage and very little injuries to the team. Did he "put his team on his back and carry them" when the lost at home to the Chiefs?

There is Mahomes and then there is everyone else.

Tua isn't top 5 from a physical talent standpoint so in most fans minds for some reason that means he can't ever be a top 5 QB.

Luckily QB isn't all about physical talent. He's top 5 in accuracy, he's top 5 in release time, he's top 5 in making quick decisions and getting the ball out. I'll take that over someone who is a physical freak but isn't accurate. Time has proven over and over that one of the hardest things to teach a QB is accuracy and touch. We are lucky that our QB has that as one of his biggest assets.

Personally, I think you could rate Tua anywhere in the top 10 right now and I could see arguments for and against his placement. When he keeps being as efficient as he is right now (or gets even better with time) people will start to see that he is actually top 5 and they will become thankful that the Dolphins extended him.

I saw a movie once and there was a line that said you'll never find a perfect women but the real question is if she is perfect for you. Tua, within our system, is good enough to win Super Bowls. Give him a real line and running game and he'll be tough to stop but if we can't run we'll be easy to stop. Football is a team game, these head to head comparisons about QBs are mostly meaningless. I'm a Miami Dolphin fan, not a Tua groupie!! I'll tell you this, if we can instill fear in the other team because we run the ball so well, we'll be going far this year. If we have a lot of 2nd and 12s we're dead as a doornail. We have great running backs, we just need another piece or 2 and our oline will be much improved. A little better health wouldn't hurt us at all! We're not good enough to be one dimentional and predictable. Run the ball and break their backs with play action.

What exactly have the other 2 done though? Josh Allen is the messiah to some on this board with how they lust after him but here we are going into season 7 ands he's still not even got to a Superbowl never mind win one.

Lamar last season had the #1 running game, the #1 defence, the #1 seed with homefield advantage and very little injuries to the team. Did he "put his team on his back and carry them" when the lost at home to the Chiefs?

There is Mahomes and then there is everyone else.
Yes, Mahomes and everyone else. Agree there. But Lil friggin Joshy, who I hate, is Tua's Daddy. Look at the head-to-head, its embarrassing. While Im certainly not a Lamaar fan either, he is much more physically gifted than Tua and can do things on the field that Tua can only dream about.

This thread is about Tua. He needs to learn how to win a big game and not shrink or choke. Elite QB's carry teams on their back. We need to see him do that. Right now Top 5 is but a pipe dream.

Which qbs carry their team on their back? This is such a garbage untrue statement.

Maybe the case is there for Mahomes but that’s it. 10th ranked defense first superbowl and 2nd this last one. Did I guess carry 2022 team had the 18th ranked defense so there’s one guy.

Josh Allen? Who’s had a top 5 defense 5 out of last 6 years?

Lamar Jackson- top 5 3 of last 4 including number 1 overall twice in that period?

Joe Burrow who made runs with the 5th and 11th ranked defense with a wr core better than ours.

Where are these elite qbs you speak of carrying their teams? Must be soooo hard carrying that elite defense they have all the time. What a burden on them all those top 5 defenses making them have to play so much better….

Tua’s had 22nd and 24th last two years, that’s bottom 10 for those keeping track. Did have the 15th in 2021 however pre McDaniel was just an absolute nightmare for offensive scheme. Had 4th ranked in 2020 as rookie but we gave him elite talent like Myles gaskin and former college qb’s Lynn Bowden and some other dudes that are bagging groceries right now.

saying guys with elite defenses carrying teams is laughable. It’s a team game, stop with the ridiculous untrue statements.

Yes, Mahomes and everyone else. Agree there. But Lil friggin Joshy, who I hate, is Tua's Daddy. Look at the head-to-head, its embarrassing. While Im certainly not a Lamaar fan either, he is much more physically gifted than Tua and can do things on the field that Tua can only dream about.
Tua doesn't play Allen. He plays their defense. Allen beats our defense not Tua.

You're embarrassing yourself now. Time to bow out.

Tua doesn't play Allen. He plays their defense. Allen beats our defense not Tua.

You're embarrassing yourself now. Time to bow out.
Love the Tua fan boys. You cant be honest with yourselves and admit he has not gotten it done in crunch time. Talk about embarrassing yourself! Sheesh!

It does in my mind. Tua wasnt taking San Fran or anyone to the Superbowl last year...

That's fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

But that doesn't change facts/stats or metrics.

When you say Tua can't carry the team on his backs. Then are not willing to accept the fact that Tua has had to win more games when his defense gave up 30+ points, and was more successful then guys like Mahomes/Jackson and Allen. Because, how dare I compare Tua to those Greek Gods.

Well, keep on with your opinion. It's all good bro

Back
Top Bottom