Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB?

That is not exactly true. The game at home against Buffalo bills the week before KC game was, in every sense of the word, a playoff game(considering what was at stake).

But we did have a very banged up roster that night.
It is true, but I'm not arguing you point either. That was an important game and we blew it collectively.

Wait a sec, I thought Tua just tossed it quickly to Hill and Waddle all the time?

View attachment 169091

And of those top 10 or so teams, most of them have much better OL's than we have. Maybe San Fran and Minnesota would qualify as only average, which I wouldn't even say we are at this point.

I respect your opinion. Yes, its a team game with a variety of factors contributing to losses. But no matter the reason, Tua has come up small time and time again in big games. Like it or not the QB shoulders the majority of the blame for losses and gets the most kudos for wins. It's a QB driven league and thats just tbe way it is.
So based on your view, Marino was the issue with the Dolphins when he was their QB. Because the Dolphins never won a SB with him at QB and the team constantly failed to win playoffs games during his career that prevented them from ever getting to the SB after they lost to the 49ers in Marino’s second season in the league.

I realize that the QB is an extremely important player on any NFL team. Yet to be a successful franchise in the NFL, you need more than just a great QB.

As good as Mahomes is, he wasn’t able to win the SB against the Buc’s a few years ago because his offensive line was riddled with injuries before the game and his play was severely impacted by playing with an offensive line with multiple backups on the OL during that SB.

The Chiefs won the SB this past season because of the play of their defense and not just because Mahomes was their QB.

Aaron Rogers has been the biggest choker as a QB in the playoffs and in big games over the past decade and yet some people think he is a top 5 QB.

So while a good QB is important. Having a complete team is far more important than having a great QB when it comes to winning in the playoffs and getting to the SB, IMO.

Tua fan bois, gonna fan boi. Thats okay, you do you. Homerism at its finest. No one can think objectively any longer.

Tua fan bois, gonna fan boi. Thats okay, you do you. Homerism at its finest. No one can think objectively any longer.

Objective thinking isn’t the issue. The issue is your lack of any thinking at all and complete lack of understanding of the game.

You’re pinning wins on one player in the ultimate team sport where all 53 and coaching matters. Then when given factual data on how other “elite” qbs have far more help from their team and how it’s a team game, you throw a fit.

if you want to argue he could of played better sure yeah he could of however blaming it all on one player is wild.
Here’s about 400 yards 4+ tds and 6 atleast fgs dropped by tyreek alone in said “big games/good teams” and there were plenty of other miscues by other players. Like I said team game.

The only 2 on that list I might trade Tua for would be Mahomes or Burrow. But bear in mind those two QBs play in systems designed around their strengths as well. Tua pre-injury was more highly regarded than any of them, is catching up every season and may ultimately surpass them all. He has been here for 4 years but it is hard to consider his time with Flores much more than a confidence-destroying redshirt assignment in which he was still recovering from the injury. At worst I hope those two seasons allow us to extend Tua on more favorable terms.

If the OLine stays healthy--or dare I say improves--and we get another year of playcalling refinement drom McD i have little doubt we will start to win those big games with Tua slingling the ball. Then if Weaver makes better use of the talent we have on the other side than "S Florida gap year" Fangio did, watch out!

I appreciate you're optimism but outside a few delusional homer dolphin fans, No one would rather have Tua over Josh Allen. It's the reason why we can't win the division.

I hear ya, just tired of sheep in all walks of life. Its old. Moving on.
Exactly how is pointing out that a TEAM wins or loses games and not just one player is being a sheep?

I have never stated that Tua doesn’t have areas where he can improve in his game. I just played various sports growing up and I never played on any team in any sport where one player was responsible for the teams having success or failure over the course of a season.

As a Dolphin fan, I support Tua because he is the team’s QB. Just like I have supported and rooted for every QB the Dolphins have had since 1966. So my support is based on being a fan for the last 59 years and not because I am just a sheep following the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom