Dolphins Worst Roster since 2000 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worst Roster since 2000

Spray Mucus…lol

I can still remember sitting in West Palm Beach back in 2001 at Shula’s and some dude telling me that Spray Mucus was going to be a legit pickup.

I thought “the guy from Rotgers? the guy that beat us twice?”

He insisted he’d be good, but by that point of the Jets series, I think you could have put Ray Charles behind the line and he’d have thrown for 500+/5 TDs each game in a Jets uni.

Spray Mucus man, hadn’t thought about that foo in years. Definitely never had his socks pulled up, that’s for sure.

Was bored tonight so started to think of the all time worst Dolphins roster I could create. There are a couple I didn’t include that potentially could be like Cris Carter and Bryant McKinnie because both guys were mid season pickups after injuries. Didn’t seem right to include them. Anyway here it is…

QB: Ray Lucas (free agent; 2001)

HB: Daniel Thomas (2nd round pick; 2011)

WR: Ernest Wilford (free agent; 2008)

WR: Patrick Turner (3rd round pick; 2009)

WR: Leonte Carroo (3rd round pick; 2016)

TE: Michael Egnew (3rd round pick; 2012)

OT: Marc Colombo (free agent; 2011)/Tyson Clabo (free agent; 2013)

OT: Jonathan Martin (2nd round pick; 2012)

G: Dallas Thomas (3rd round pick; 2013)

G: Liam Eichenberg (2nd round pick; 2021

C: Jake Grove (free agent; 2009)

DE: Mario Williams (free agent; 2016)

DE: Dion Jordan (1st round pick; 2013)

DT: Manny Wright (5th round pick; 2005)

DT: Jordan Phillips (2nd round pick; 2015)

OLB: Phillip Wheeler (free agent; 2013)

MLB: Dannell Ellerbe (free agent; 2013)

OLB: Lawrence Timmons (free agent; 2017)

CB: Benny Sapp (trade; 2010)

CB: Jamar Fletcher (1st round pick; 2001)

CB: Noah Igbinoghene (1st round pick; 2020)

S: Jason Allen (1st round pick; 2006)

S: Cameron Worrell (free agent; 2007)

K: Caleb Sturgis (5th round pick; 2013)

P: Jake Bailey (free agent; 2023)

Couple of notes that I thought while doing and some of my thinking behind it.

- Lots of Jeff Ireland decisions on here

- QB was hard John Beck, Pat White, and Josh Rosen could be there. Ultimately went with Lucas because his trash play when Fiedler wax hurt cost us the playoffs. Beck and Rosen were on trash teams and White never started

- Marc Colombo/Tyson Clabo were a tie. Both were suppose to be one year stop happening guys who were once solid vets with nothing left in the tank.

- Jordan Phillips is the best player on this list. Doesn’t feel deserved, he was inconsistent but he made some good plays regularly. Honestly we haven’t had bad DT play.

- Didn’t include Eddie Moore because he hardly played then retired due to a neck injury. Dude was a bust though wouldn’t argue with someone placing him above Ellerbe.

- LS is the only position not included because no one was bad. We have had god tier play from Ed Perry, John Denney and Blake Ferguson.

Let me know what you think and who you’d add.
If you really want to go deeper into the nightmare fuel swamp, now do the players we could have had instead for each one.

I think Jordan Phillips is too good for this team. We had like Chase Page and Steve Fifita out there is 07. Just put Yatil Green on IR.

He wasn't a bust he just blew his knees out in consecutive years. Injuries don't make you a bust
I don’t agree. Anyone who holds Green in higher regard than Ginn I would disagree with. One was a terrible pick when he was drafted (Ginn) but put together a long career. The other couldn’t stay healthy and even when he was I read multiple times he was dumb as a box of rocks (Green) and didn’t know what he was doing.

Thank you I think?

Lol, nice list OP.

It still bothers me that Dallas Thomas turned into a decent player on another team. We've had some bad players over the years but I think we've had worse coaching.

spank family guy GIF

I wouldn't have Jordan Phillips on the list.

I'll add one thing, Leonte Carroo had a game winning TD against somebody, can't remember against who.

It still bothers me that Dallas Thomas turned into a decent player on another team. We've had some bad players over the years but I think we've had worse coaching.
I never knew that about Thomas. But, I'm not surprised... Philbin's "finesse" blocking schemes weren't very effective.

Was bored tonight so started to think of the all time worst Dolphins roster I could create. There are a couple I didn’t include that potentially could be like Cris Carter and Bryant McKinnie because both guys were mid season pickups after injuries. Didn’t seem right to include them. Anyway here it is…

QB: Ray Lucas (free agent; 2001)

HB: Daniel Thomas (2nd round pick; 2011)

WR: Ernest Wilford (free agent; 2008)

WR: Patrick Turner (3rd round pick; 2009)

WR: Leonte Carroo (3rd round pick; 2016)

TE: Michael Egnew (3rd round pick; 2012)

OT: Marc Colombo (free agent; 2011)/Tyson Clabo (free agent; 2013)

OT: Jonathan Martin (2nd round pick; 2012)

G: Dallas Thomas (3rd round pick; 2013)

G: Liam Eichenberg (2nd round pick; 2021

C: Jake Grove (free agent; 2009)

DE: Mario Williams (free agent; 2016)

DE: Dion Jordan (1st round pick; 2013)

DT: Manny Wright (5th round pick; 2005)

DT: Jordan Phillips (2nd round pick; 2015)

OLB: Phillip Wheeler (free agent; 2013)

MLB: Dannell Ellerbe (free agent; 2013)

OLB: Lawrence Timmons (free agent; 2017)

CB: Benny Sapp (trade; 2010)

CB: Jamar Fletcher (1st round pick; 2001)

CB: Noah Igbinoghene (1st round pick; 2020)

S: Jason Allen (1st round pick; 2006)

S: Cameron Worrell (free agent; 2007)

K: Caleb Sturgis (5th round pick; 2013)

P: Jake Bailey (free agent; 2023)

Couple of notes that I thought while doing and some of my thinking behind it.

- Lots of Jeff Ireland decisions on here

- QB was hard John Beck, Pat White, and Josh Rosen could be there. Ultimately went with Lucas because his trash play when Fiedler wax hurt cost us the playoffs. Beck and Rosen were on trash teams and White never started

- Marc Colombo/Tyson Clabo were a tie. Both were suppose to be one year stop happening guys who were once solid vets with nothing left in the tank.

- Jordan Phillips is the best player on this list. Doesn’t feel deserved, he was inconsistent but he made some good plays regularly. Honestly we haven’t had bad DT play.

- Didn’t include Eddie Moore because he hardly played then retired due to a neck injury. Dude was a bust though wouldn’t argue with someone placing him above Ellerbe.

- LS is the only position not included because no one was bad. We have had god tier play from Ed Perry, John Denney and Blake Ferguson.

Let me know what you think and who you’d add.
are you trying to get us all depressed?

Back
Top Bottom