I Would work a trade for John Metchie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Would work a trade for John Metchie

In reality, this team is not in need of another WR.
There will be plenty of UDFA's to round out the roster.

I think we draft a lineman almost certainly unless an incredible talent falls at another position.
Heh? You do know that Hill and Waddle were only on the field 40% of the time together, right? Totally need a better WR #3 who also can fill in for Hill or Waddle. Would unlock this offense.

Yes, at that point, it's annihilation predictions each and every week....

Last edited:
Not so sure Houston would sell low on the player. This is essentially a 1 year deal for Diggs and what better of a WR room to groom him and get him right before 2025. He can become a viable slot option then for Collins/Dell.
Diggs is not a role model!!
Infact he's the complete opposite!!
F Diggs and his bs !!

He was a threat at Bama, but there's doubts on just good he will be in the pros. Who knows exactly how well he rebounded from the leukemia issue and last year he was pretty much invisible. He has a high ceiling and Houston isn't going to give him away for just a late pick. He's young and he's got guys in that WR room that can help him.

I hope he can recover from the leukemia and have a good career. So far there's been no signs of it.

Do you really think the Texans would've traded for Diggs if they thought Metchie was about to blow up?

While I understand his circumstances, I'm pretty sure we can pick up an UDFA (or other) that can average 9.9 ypr. 19 rookies were able to accomplish that task last year, with a couple of TEs thrown in the mix.

BUT.... if we can secure his services without giving up a pick, let's add him and see what happens.

I think we have an opportunity to find a WR #3 in the draft or as a FA.

He is 5'11" and 187 lbs. I would much rather have a big bodied and taller receiver.

I don't see any reason to expend any more than a 6-7 round choice on this one.

John Metchie III​

Alabama
WR

Prospect Info​

College
Alabama
Hometown
Class
Brampton, Canada
Junior

Height
5’ 11’’
Weight
187 lbs
Arm
30 5/8’’
Hand
9 1/4’’

Prospect Grade​

Good backup with the potential to develop into starter

Next_Gen_Stats.svg

80Good
View All Prospects

2022 Draft Results​

Drafted by
Houston
Texans
Houston Texans

Round 2 ‧ Pick 12
Read More

Production Score​

2022 Combine WR Rank: 10th

Athleticism Score *est​

2022 Combine WR Rank: 13th

Total Score​

2022 Combine WR Rank: 11th

Overview​

NFL slot projection with good polish but a lack of noteworthy elements in his game. Metchie has decent size but average play speed. He's proficient in more sophisticated routes but lacks explosiveness to separate and will have to prove he can become a more physical wideout to win contested catches at the pro level. He can play multiple receiver spots and has the ability to take what the scheme provides him. As long as his recovery from an ACL tear goes smoothly, Metchie has a chance to become a starting slot receiver with a relatively modest ceiling.

Strengths​

* Experience running a pro-caliber route tree.* Attacks press leverage and defeats it.* Route instincts unlock additional moves to get what he needs.* Snaps off route breaks at crisp angles.* Gets his numbers turned to passer on slants and crossers.* Good downfield focus and ball-tracking.* Improved his contested-catch success in 2021.* Works his way back to the ball on hitches, drive routes.* Possesses toughness needed for the job.* Talent to add yards after the catch.

Weaknesses​

* Suffered ACL tear in December.* Looks smaller than his listed size.* Average release speed into the route.* Lacks explosiveness to separate out of turns and stems.* Pre-break head turn has become a route tell.* Lacks size and length to out-reach corners down the field.* Suffers from focus drops as body-catcher.

Back
Top Bottom