Jaelan Phillips gives encouraging update Achilles injury recovery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaelan Phillips gives encouraging update Achilles injury recovery

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
While Phillips didn’t offer a specific timeline in his answer, it seemed to imply that the linebacker envisions being ready by Week 1 of the 2024 season. Bouncing back that quickly from an Achilles tear suffered in November would be a feat. It would also be an accomplishment if he’s able to be productive in his return.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/14/jaelan-phillips-injury-dolphins-2024-achilles-update/
Not much point in returning if he is unable to be productive no?

Anyways fingers crossed the rehab continues as planned.

An ortho doc could help us, but my guess is he might be ready to practice by opening day. Then at least a month to get in elite athlete shape. Finally a return on, initially, a snap count number.

I wouldn't do it. That's way too quick. Coach already has said about Tua he cares about these guys a "human beings" and doesn't want to rush them back so I would hope he does the same in this situation

While Phillips didn’t offer a specific timeline in his answer, it seemed to imply that the linebacker envisions being ready by Week 1 of the 2024 season. Bouncing back that quickly from an Achilles tear suffered in November would be a feat. It would also be an accomplishment if he’s able to be productive in his return.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/14/jaelan-phillips-injury-dolphins-2024-achilles-update/
He needs to be on a very restricted snap count and only playing on grass if he is playing from week 1. Rushing critical injuries back never works well in the long run.

I'm sure he'll make it back... my concern is a loss of get off. The injury is just brutal for a superior athlete like him. But I'm always remembering the way Marino "recovered" which left him lame. Hope for the best...

He will be ready for team drills and some portion of the practice by day 1.

Given our propensity to be ultra conservative with our injuries, I would not anticipate his return until November. Then I would not expect him to "feel normal" until next season. Being able to walk and run is one thing. Being able to cut, twist, stop abruptly and tackle with various forces is a completely different animal.

Back
Top Bottom