Jaelan Phillips gives encouraging update Achilles injury recovery | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaelan Phillips gives encouraging update Achilles injury recovery

He will be ready for team drills and some portion of the practice by day 1.

Given our propensity to be ultra conservative with our injuries, I would not anticipate his return until November. Then I would not expect him to "feel normal" until next season. Being able to walk and run is one thing. Being able to cut, twist, stop abruptly and tackle with various forces is a completely different animal.
Yeah with him and Chubb in the winding road to recovery, EDGE at 21

Take it to the bank šŸ˜€

I was at the game where he got hurt. The elation of the Fail Mary and then the 1-2 gut punch w his injury and then Hollandā€™s. May they both be forces to be reckoned with this season.

He may feel that way.. which is encouraging... but his doctors/trainers etc may feel differently.

I wouldn't do it. That's way too quick. Coach already has said about Tua he cares about these guys a "human beings" and doesn't want to rush them back so I would hope he does the same in this situation

I agree, it's one thing to be ready, and I have no doubt he could be, but it will be another when he will actually be allowed back out there, and how many reps he will be given.

I expect the coaches to not allow him out there until they are 100% sure he is ready, and will not be doing anything to hurt himself (Whether old injury or new injury putting more weight on other leg).

They might also work him slowly into the lineup with a few reps this game, then very slowly working him up to where eventually he can be out there as long as needed.

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll make it back... my concern is a loss of get off. The injury is just brutal for a superior athlete like him. But I'm always remembering the way Marino "recovered" which left him lame. Hope for the best...
Hopefully the advances in science in the last 30 years are a big help

Hopefully the advances in science in the last 30 years are a big help
I'm sure... Marino's surgery was botched. If Phillips can get to back to where he was it will amazing. IMO. like I said - sure hope so!

Back
Top Bottom