Official Draft Day Thread | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

‘’ He has the most potential but he doesn’t finish and he doesn’t make plays’’. That says it all to me. A very unproductive player in college and a player who should have been a third or fourth round pick at best.
So you ignore this:

Able to rush equally well from both sides. “Must be an ambidextrous kid,” a second scout said. “I’m telling you, you don’t find that. He’s got a burst off the edge that’s rare. This is one of the few players you will ever see that can slip and dip and make the L move at the proper angle and depth of the quarterback, and he can do it from the left and right sides. And he can play the run. He’s not a hit-and-shed guy. He’s an escape guy. He runs off blocks. He doesn’t defeat blocks but he’s so quick and athletic he doesn’t have to beat on ‘em. He can escape and pursue down the line. This is what everybody’s looking for.” His 10-8 broad jump tied for the longest at the position. “He’s sudden, explosive, plays his ass off,” a third scout said. “Michigan couldn’t block him; they couldn’t even get their hands on him. That’s exactly why they started running the ball every play.”

4 sacks is almost hard to believe for a pass rusher drafted in the 1st round. He's tied at 209th in cfb last year. Lol. 209th.

‘’ He has the most potential but he doesn’t finish and he doesn’t make plays’’. That says it all to me. A very unproductive player in college and a player who should have been a third or fourth round pick at best.

Man, I’m not trying to be insulting, but I questioned from the beginning if he would even make it to Miami.

There is no reality in which he would ever make it out of the high second round.

What is it about him you doubt? Effort? Technique?

Again, I’m not trying to be a jerk, but LOOK at this kid. Like…really look at him.

There’s nothing but upside here.

And you also ignored this?

“Love him,” one scout said. “I see Chop every bit as good as Turner. Sky’s the limit.

He played in a heavy rotation and is great also against the run.

You might want to watch his game against Michigan before saying he is great against the run. Every time he was in the game the Wolverines ran right at him and pushed him off the line. Maybe he did better in other games but against Michigan he got bodied badly.

You can pressure a QB and flush him and a teammate gets the sack.
ok, I can see you like the pick which is fine......he might turn out to be a good player for us but for me the OL was the priority and we passed on it. Hopefully we'll get one tomorrow but this is not what I'd have done

Back
Top Bottom