Official Draft Day Thread | Page 88 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

I don’t understand why Tua employs this guy how does this help the team

I don’t know how it helps the team but what he is saying is 100% correct.

The Dolphins biggest need going into the draft was offensive line. So unless they intend to have Robinson put on 50 or 60 pounds and line up at guard, selecting him was not a good pick.

If they can’t protect Tua, adding a backup OLB will be irrelevant to the success of the Dolphins.

I don’t know how it helps the team but what he is saying is 100% correct.

The Dolphins biggest need going into the draft was offensive line. So unless they intend to have Robinson put on 50 or 60 pounds and line up at guard, selecting him was not a good pick.

If they can’t protect Tua, adding a backup OLB will be irrelevant to the success of the Dolphins.
I don’t even disagree with him 100% but you don’t publicly blast the team in this professional situation imo

I think you might need to have your memory checked. Harris was criticized for being the least athletic player drafted in the first round that year. I see the Harris picks and the Chop picks as opposites.

I think people are more thinking about their size, limited repertoire, and most of production coming against inferior opponents.

Opposite athletic profiles, obviously. This guy actually has upside whereas I was supremely confident immediately declaring Harris a bust.

He brings some boom to the table to go along with his bust. :SASS:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just hate the pick and don’t see him as being a player who will help upgrade the defense. I see him as a backup to Chubb and Phillips once they are healthy.

I preferred a draft pick who could come in and be a long time starter for the next five years at minimum and I just don’t see Robinson as that type player.
He wasn't my first choice either. I'm just saying that calling him unproductive or a Harris like pick are inaccurate statements.

I think people are more thinking about their size, limited repertoire, and most of production coming against inferior opponents.

Opposite athletic profiles, obviously. This guy actually has upside whereas I was supremely confident immediately declaring Harris a bust.
Harris was smaller, but he actually had a good repertoire. His limitation was his athleticism.

I don’t even disagree with him 100% but you don’t publicly blast the team in this professional situation imo
He’s looking out for the guy he works for. He’s not employed by the Dolphins but by Tua.

I have absolutely no issue with him stating the same thing the majority of posters on here and the majority of Dolphins felt going into the draft.

We all know the offensive line is the biggest need on the team and drafting an OLB doesn’t help that need one bit.

If the draft is so deep with OL talent, then we have a good shot of finding a solid starting lineman throughout the rest of the draft. I'm not panicking at all, Chop is going to feast in this defense.

There are a couple of ways to evaluate NFL prospects...

Our more conservative posters generally lean toward the college stats, believing that this is what you are going to get.

These posters tend to ignore age, opportunity, and injury status... they'll say, "but he only got.... in college"... and they'll compare a 6th year super senior to a true third year junior in a heartbeat...

It's just what they do.

Same guys will tell you with absolute conviction that the guy who had 2 sacks last year will never give you nine this year... (like they did with Wilkins).

They believe that now, will never be different than then. ...and you won't convince them until they suffer through watching it happen.

Harris was smaller, but he actually had a good repertoire. His limitation was his athleticism.
Iggy was suppose to be the most ATHLETIC player they had in their secondary. That still didn’t make up for the fact he spent the majority of his playing time, as limited as it was, almost completely lost while trying to cover receivers.

Back
Top Bottom