Official Draft Day Thread | Page 87 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Draft Day Thread

I remember the same type of comments regarding Charles Harris when the Dolphins drafted him in the first round.

I loved the Phillips pick 3 years ago but the Robinson pick reminds me a lot more of the Harris pick than it does the Phillips pick.

It been a while since a first round pick for the Dolphins deflated me as much as this one did tonight.
I think you might need to have your memory checked. Harris was criticized for being the least athletic player drafted in the first round that year. I see the Harris picks and the Chop picks as opposites.

74 pressures in 415 pass rush snaps is impressive whether you care to accept it or not.
I guess if he goes 10 games and has only 12 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 4 sacks, and 0 tackles for loss at PSU in 2023. Trying to justify his total lack of production quoting pressures somehow makes sense to you.

I hope he ends up being a great player for the Dolphins but right now I think it was a terrible pick. I just didn’t see drafting a back OLB as a need in the first round of the draft.

I think you might need to have your memory checked. Harris was criticized for being the least athletic player drafted in the first round that year. I see the Harris picks and the Chop picks as opposites.
Personally I had never heard of Harris until the Dolphins drafted him. Yet after he was drafted, I looked up his stats and he was a far more productive player in college than Robinson was.

I agree that Harris and Robinson are complete opposites. While neither of them should have been first round picks, IMO. Harris was actually a very productive player in college. Robinson not so much.

That makes no sense to me at all. His explosiveness is off the charts. His bigger issue is that he gets pushed off the mark against the run b/c he's not that big and lacks strength to anchor. If anything, his goal should be to get bigger and stronger while maintaining his speed.

Yes his explosiveness is off the charts that is why I had him as Day 2 pick, otherwise I'd have him as day 1 pick. The problem is his frame, we had an edge like that 15 years ago, Koa Misi, that frame is neither an edge nor off ball linebacker. He will have issues playing on the line being 6-3, and he will have tough time playing off ball at 254 lbs. But yes, explosiveness helps, he will be better than Koa Misi for sure.

I guess if he goes 10 games and has only 12 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 4 sacks, and 0 tackles for loss at PSU in 2023. Trying to justify his total lack of production quoting pressures somehow makes sense to you.

I hope he ends up being a great player for the Dolphins but right now I think it was a terrible pick. I just didn’t see drafting a back OLB as a need in the first round of the draft.
You can't use "games" as the metric when Penn State has always rotated their players so much. The metric is percentage of snaps. Reality is that the "he wasn't productive " argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Actually, no. Smith has a new lead CB coach and Tindall has a new ILB coach from last season.
While I think Smith might still develop into a 5th or 6th defensive back. I will be very surprised if Tindall will ever be more than a ST player for the Dolphins.

I really don't know how to feel, there's always a guy many fall in love with and thing will be great but is a dud. And some aren;t sure of that develop to being good

You can't use "games" as the metric when Penn State has always rotated their players so much. The metric is percentage of snaps. Reality is that the "he wasn't productive " argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just hate the pick and don’t see him as being a player who will help upgrade the defense. I see him as a backup to Chubb and Phillips once they are healthy.

I preferred a draft pick who could come in and be a long time starter for the next five years at minimum and I just don’t see Robinson as that type player.

Back
Top Bottom