Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

you're thinking about 2025 when 2024 hasn’t even started yet....you want to draft a guy like Mims and sitting him for a year?....that'd be the 3rd year in a row we get nothing from our top pick.....tindall/Cam Smith
Some people have Mims as a top 3 Tackle prospect in this draft and some have him at the bottom of the top 10.

My prediction was Mims, not becuase I want him but becuase the exercise was who will Grier draft.

Mims is built like the perfect Tackle prospect, 6'8" 340lbs. He moves like a a sub 300 pounder. He has an explosive first step for an Olinemen, hes strong, quick and has the length to dominate in the NFL for years..... all sounds like a Grier pick right... just wait for this next part.

Very raw, gets fooled easily by 2nd moves from pass rushers, his footwork is below average for a Tackel prospect, let alone a 1st rounder. He plays upright and hasn't yet learned to use leverage.

Ohh and he only played eight games in college bc he had studs in front of him his fresh and soph years, then in 23, his junior year, guess what happened? Think about Griers players and its an easy guess.... he got injured, needed surgery, leading him to only play 8 games.

Hes a freak athlete, who's Raw, with and injury history & he won't be ready to play as a rookie.

I mean just look at Grier when he's thinking about Mims....
Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

Maybe, but not at tackle. I just don’t see Barton as a tackle. I’d be fine with Barton, but that doesn’t address Miami’s issue at tackle after this season
I agree with you, Barton could play Tackle in a pinch but that will not be his NFL postion.

Not me. He is a tweener, a first-round talent but a tweener. Maybe center is his best position.
We actually need a RG. If they go OL in first round, it should be a true RG, Haynes. Plug and play.
I feel comfortable that Barton could play LT at a high enough level. But, I agree his best position should be guard.

I think one of the Top OT's, Fuaga, Fautanu, or Barton will be on the board. I'm OK if it's someone beside Barton, but if I had to guess who is most likely to be there, it's probably Barton. I do believe Pittsburgh likes him, too, but they might like someone else (who they didn't expect to be available) even more.
Pitts gonna take Thomas Jr I think, they need a WR. Although historically they wait to take WRs until R2. So maybe it is Barton.

If we drafted an OL who has the ability to play OG in the first and don’t start him over Eichenberg, boy, that would lead to some serious questions. First, for the coaches who make that call. Second, for Grier potentially blowing a first round pick.
That’s the dilemma though isn’t it? All of the tackles capable of playing guard will most likely be off the board by the time Miami picks. Except for maybe Jordan Morgan, you are left with guys that are really guards or project type tackles. Miami will be left with a decision of whether to take a pure tackle , or a guard in the first round which is far from ideal.

Some people have Mims as a top 3 Tackle prospect in this draft and some have him at the bottom of the top 10.

My prediction was Mims, not becuase I want him but becuase the exercise was who will Grier draft.

Mims is built like the perfect Tackle prospect, 6'8" 340lbs. He moves like a a sub 300 pounder. He has an explosive first step for an Olinemen, hes strong, quick and has the length to dominate in the NFL for years..... all sounds like a Grier pick right... just wait for this next part.

Very raw, gets fooled easily by 2nd moves from pass rushers, his footwork is below average for a Tackel prospect, let alone a 1st rounder. He plays upright and hasn't yet learned to use leverage.

Ohh and he only played eight games in college bc he had studs in front of him his fresh and soph years, then in 23, his junior year, guess what happened? Think about Griers players and its an easy guess.... he got injured, needed surgery, leading him to only play 8 games.

Hes a freak athlete, who's Raw, with and injury history & he won't be ready to play as a rookie.

I mean just look at Grier when he's thinking about Mims....
Willem Dafoe Smile GIF
and you just listed several reasons as to why I'd not draft him over some of the other players......yes he has talent but very raw and this team should be on a win now mode.....Jackson was a project too and look how long it took for us to get a good year out of him.....I don’t want us to make the same mistake again.....I could understand if this was a weak OL class so maybe you take a chance but this is a very good OL class so there's no need to draft a project with your top pick. Having said all that, I'd not be shocked if grier/Mike ignore the OL once again.

you're thinking about 2025 when 2024 hasn’t even started yet....you want to draft a guy like Mims and sitting him for a year?....that'd be the 3rd year in a row we get nothing from our top pick.....tindall/Cam Smith
Please don't remind me of those picks. Lol. So easy to forget they exist. Hopefully Smith gets to play this year.

and you just listed several reasons as to why I'd not draft him over some of the other players......yes he has talent but very raw and this team should be on a win now mode.....Jackson was a project too and look how long it took for us to get a good year out of him.....I don’t want us to make the same mistake again.....I could understand if this was a weak OL class so maybe you take a chance but this is a very good OL class so there's no need to draft a project with your top pick. Having said all that, I'd not be shocked if grier/Mike ignore the OL once again.
It's not what you would do.

Or what I would do.

This is what the Dolphins and Grier will do.

Pitts gonna take Thomas Jr I think, they need a WR. Although historically they wait to take WRs until R2. So maybe it is Barton.
I think they take Barton because imo his comp is a hall of fame steeler in Decastro

Back
Top Bottom