Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

I don't get this talk about how Armstead is gone next year so we need a tackle. In 2025 he has a dead cap hit of 18.5 mill and a savings of 3.5 mill. You aren't getting a capable LT for 3.5. Pay him his 22 mill. Cut him in 2026 when you take a 10.7 cap hit and a 11.4 savings.

Get Barton at 21 and you have your RG. If Armstead gets hurt see how he does at LT and plug Wynn in at LG. At 55 draft
Christian Haynes/Cooper Bebee. Or get a WR and hope for a Zach Frazier/Zach Zinter later on.

I need my LG to be able to pull. I need my RG to be my power in a phone both type. We are okay at tackle for the next couple of years. Just need to keep a backup like Lamm around.

I don't get this talk about how Armstead is gone next year so we need a tackle. In 2025 he has a dead cap hit of 18.5 mill and a savings of 3.5 mill. You aren't getting a capable LT for 3.5. Pay him his 22 mill. Cut him in 2026 when you take a 10.7 cap hit and a 11.4 savings.

Get Barton at 21 and you have your RG. If Armstead gets hurt see how he does at LT and plug Wynn in at LG. At 55 draft
Christian Haynes/Cooper Bebee. Or get a WR and hope for a Zach Frazier/Zach Zinter later on.

I need my LG to be able to pull. I need my RG to be my power in a phone both type. We are okay at tackle for the next couple of years. Just need to keep a backup like Lamm around.
I feel like the "just take Barton" contingent is overlooking the fact that Grier, historically takes "premium" postion groups only in round 1. Those being QB, WR, OT, Edge/Pass Rusher & Corner.

I like Barton alot, but I'm gun shy about getting my hopes up for this reason. Barton is most likley a Guard & I don't think Grier will take a Guard at #21.

Well Barton played LT (only) in college for the last three years. Sounds like a premium position draft pick to me.

Hopefully a playmaking pass rusher or receiver because you can fill in your offensive line needs in later rounds….unless you’re the Dolphins…who haven’t developed a quality late-round or undrafted rookie to play on the o-line since Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden. So my bet is Graham Barton.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom