Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

Block in isolation a lot. Plus, he played in front of QBs that held the ball an inordinate amount of time.

Yes, I have heard he is a scheme fit.

The problem is we think that because of his traits or athleticism, not necessarily what he has proven or shown.

We shall see. But, as I have been saying. If the worst pass blocking C in the league the last 2 years comes to Miami and struggles in pass blocking. Nobody should be surprised.

We have plenty of evidence suggesting he is not good at pass blocking.

The problem is we think that because of his traits or athleticism, not necessarily what he has proven or shown.

We shall see. But, as I have been saying. If the worst pass blocking C in the league the last 2 years comes to Miami and struggles in pass blocking. Nobody should be surprised.

Maybe we just put him in on running plays?

👌

Ok, I’ll give it a shot. I think there’s going to be a run on the top tackles so…

If they stay at 21- Verse. If he’s not there,
Trade down but stay in round 1, Jordan Morgan
Trade down into round 2 - Patrick Paul

Who knows? :shrug:

Well I would hope so.

I'm a Brewer doubter.
However, I have no problem admitting if I was wrong on a player.

If a player performs well, regardless of one's opinion, I would hope they would support the player.

Also, barring the draft. Brewer is our starting . I will support him all season long. This is what I would wish the Tua doubters would do. Support the team and players.

But Miami was 31 in pass blocking win rate last year. Brewer was the worst
pass blocking C In the league last year and bad the year before.

I will support him all 20 games until the SB win.

But if he is bad at pass blocking and our o line is bad again. NOBODY should be surprised.
That goofy metric only included pass blocking of over 2.5 seconds. Since 80% of Miami's pass plays had the pass thrown in 2.5 or less, that metric is pretty useless as it pertains to the Dolphins.

Brewer was not the worst pass-blocking C in the league last season. He was 11th from the worst out of 36, according to PFF. The worst was John Michael Schmitz, followed by Tyler Larsen, Connor McGovern (Jets), Mason Cole, Lucas Patrick, Liam Eichenberg, Jake Brendel, Bradley Bozeman, Coleman Shelton, and David Andrews. Some very familiar names there and one who started in the Super Bowl.

He is a scheme fit very much because of what he has shown when it comes to run blocking. The way he moves in the open field, he should feast as a run blocker in the Miami wide zone. He run blocked very well for the Titans and they run less zone than Miami does. He does not move like a typical lineman in space. He runs and moves like a skill-position athlete.

That goofy metric only included pass blocking of over 2.5 seconds. Since 80% of Miami's pass plays had the pass thrown in 2.5 or less, that metric is pretty useless as it pertains to the Dolphins.
Not if we had a better OL so that Tua could have 3 or 4 seconds to throw!

Brewer was not the worst pass-blocking C in the league last season. He was 11th from the worst out of 36, according to PFF. The worst was John Michael Schmitz, followed by Tyler Larsen, Connor McGovern (Jets), Mason Cole, Lucas Patrick, Liam Eichenberg, Jake Brendel, Bradley Bozeman, Coleman Shelton, and David Andrews. Some very familiar names there and one who started in the Super Bowl.

He is a scheme fit very much because of what he has shown when it comes to run blocking. The way he moves in the open field, he should feast as a run blocker in the Miami wide zone. He run blocked very well for the Titans and they run less zone than Miami does. He does not move like a typical lineman in space. He runs and moves like a skill-position athlete.
The idea that Brewer hasn't shown that run blocking prowess on film is just flat out wrong. The same with the ability to combo block in pass pro. Those are already proven.

Fins trade from 21 to 31 with the 49ers.
We get JPJ

It's what I'm thinking and hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom