RB Jaylen Wright | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

Coffee in general is awful w/o a metric sh** tonne of sugar

Red Bull isn't as carbonated as the others IMO. Monster & Rockstar have too much sodium for my liking.

p.s. I prefer the infrequent 12 oz sugar free Red Bull. Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Zero are my beverages of choice
Monster coffee, the sweet black it is called, has no carbonation at all. Which I like. 10 calories a can.

Anyone remember the forerunner to energy drinks, Jolt Cola?

It's advertising line was "all the sugar and twice the caffeine".

Roach coaches sold a ton of that stuff.
I remember one time, I got off work on Friday and had to drive to McChord for UTA weekend. I was dead tired, and it was about a 4 and half hour drive. So I bought a couple of small bottles of Jolt. 8-ounce glass bottles as I recall. I drank them as I drove and soon became very alert. I got to McChord around 11 pm and when I got to my room and laid down, I was still wired. I just lay there staring at the ceiling. Not sure I slept a wink before it was time to get up.

My goodness just smh.

Sending a 2025 3rd rounder for a running back.

We have plenty of speed and what’s it gotten us when it gets cold late in the year?

This is another wasted pick and they continue to ignore huge holes on the OL with a QB who has a severe injury history.

You don’t build football teams from the outside in. You build them from the inside out and MM or Grier or both don’t seem to understand that the OL is very important especially when again… your QB has a severe injury history.

Trading away a future 3rd for a rotational back is just downright stupid. They have been about as bad in this draft as they possibly could.

Patrick Paul may develop and at least he has real tools. But Robinson and then a RB… goodness gracious what a waste.
Name the OL at that spot who would be better and more impactful than Wright. OL derangement syndrome never abates in here.
You got your future LT but we needed to draft 2-3 more OL or is it OK if we get a veteran guard?

I guess we could have pulled Dwight Stephenson or Keith Sims out of this draft with the 120th pick?

and you like Pat Paul but not a guy who is ready to play now and is capable of scoring from long distance?
I think the best thing they did in this draft was to get a guy like Wright who could have been an early third rounder for a future third rounder, especially when we'll have 2 other third rounders next year.

I have no problem with McD identifying a player who will help this team now and in the future, especially when we have backs who missed time last year. And he got a guy with more 70+ yard TDs in the SEC than anyone else who can catch and pass protect

Wasted pick- Liam Eichenberg, not Jaylen Wright or Chop Robinson

My goodness just smh.

Sending a 2025 3rd rounder for a running back.

We have plenty of speed and what’s it gotten us when it gets cold late in the year?

This is another wasted pick and they continue to ignore huge holes on the OL with a QB who has a severe injury history.

You don’t build football teams from the outside in. You build them from the inside out and MM or Grier or both don’t seem to understand that the OL is very important especially when again… your QB has a severe injury history.

Trading away a future 3rd for a rotational back is just downright stupid. They have been about as bad in this draft as they possibly could.

Patrick Paul may develop and at least he has real tools. But Robinson and then a RB… goodness gracious what a waste.
You’re posts are boring

Name the OL at that spot who would be better and more impactful than Wright. OL derangement syndrome never abates in here.
You got your future LT but we needed to draft 2-3 more OL or is it OK if we get a veteran guard?

I guess we could have pulled Dwight Stephenson or Keith Sims out of this draft with the 120th pick?

and you like Pat Paul but not a guy who is ready to play now and is capable of scoring from long distance?
I think the best thing they did in this draft was to get a guy like Wright who could have been an early third rounder for a future third rounder, especially when we'll have 2 other third rounders next year.

I have no problem with McD identifying a player who will help this team now and in the future, especially when we have backs who missed time last year. And he got a guy with more 70+ yard TDs in the SEC than anyone else who can catch and pass protect

Wasted pick- Liam Eichenberg, not Jaylen Wright or Chop Robinson
Sedrick Van Pran (C Georgia)
Jacob Monk (C Duke)
Trevor Keegan (G Michigan)
Hunter Nourzad (C Penn St)

Any of those guys would have had a chance to play or even start. You’re the umpteenth person to claim Wright will impact this year but none of those OL I just listed won’t. How do you know? Rookie running backs get banged up and stay banged up… as you just mentioned with Achane.

If I were to say Wright won’t rush for 400 yards and 5 scores this year you and others would tell me how stupid and ridiculous I am and you’d be asking where’s my crystal ball. But that’s a 2 way street. Again… how do you know?

For the record… want to know what those 4 OL I listed have in common? A couple things… they all could play Center or Guard which offers positional versatility which is highly valuable for a team whose weakness is the OL. You could have potentially fixed 2 spots with one pick from any of those guys.

The other thing they have in common… look at the teams they were drafted by…

Sedrick Van Pran- Buffalo
Jacob Monk- GB
Trevor Keegan- Philly
Hunter Nourzad- KC

Want to know what all 4 of those teams have in common? The last time we played any of the 4… they beat us including Buffalo and KC who each beat us 2 last year. Philly literally has a reputation for drafting OL bc they know what they’re doing. You going to tell me Philly is wrong when they’ve proven they draft and develop top level OL?

How about KC who’s drafted Creed Humphrey 63rd overall (1 pick from 3rd round) and Trey Smith I believe was a 5th round pick. Yet they both start for the reigning 2 time SB champs. Philly always has a top 5 OL.

All 4 (Buffalo/KC/Philly/GB) are playoff teams from last year and all 4 are basically playoff level teams almost every year. But no the Miami Dolphins know better than those 4 front offices. Just smh

Jacob Monk (C Duke)

Any of those guys would have had a chance to play or even start. You’re the umpteenth person to claim Wright will impact this year but none of those OL I just listed won’t. How do you know? Rookie running backs get banged up and stay banged up… as you just mentioned with Achane.

If I were to say Wright won’t rush for 400 yards and 5 scores this year you and others would tell me how stupid and ridiculous I am and you’d be asking where’s my crystal ball. But that’s a 2 way street. Again… how do you know?

For the record… want to know what those 4 OL I listed have in common? A couple things… they all could play Center or Guard which offers positional versatility which is highly valuable for a team whose weakness is the OL. You could have potentially fixed 2 spots with one pick from any of those guys.

Jacob Monk- GB
Trevor Keegan- Philly
Hunter Nourzad- KC

Want to know what all 4 of those teams have in common? The last time we played any of the 4… they beat us including Buffalo and KC who each beat us 2 last year. Philly literally has a reputation for drafting OL bc they know what they’re doing. You going to tell me Philly is wrong when they’ve proven they draft and develop top level OL?

How about KC who’s drafted Creed Humphrey 63rd overall (1 pick from 3rd round) and Trey Smith I believe was a 5th round pick. Yet they both start for the reigning 2 time SB champs. Philly always has a top 5 OL.

All 4 (Buffalo/KC/Philly/GB) are playoff teams from last year and all 4 are basically playoff level teams almost every year. But no the Miami Dolphins know better than those 4 front offices. Just smh
I think your bringing good arguments to what happened in the draft, I also don’t know if his players will turn out to be better than your players.

So for me it’s best to root and hope for the young men we drafted to be good to great additions to the team and in a couple years when you can make an accurate claim that favors your choices then you can go after him no?

Can’t really criticize to harshly at this point imo.

I think your bringing good arguments to what happened in the draft, I also don’t know if his players will turn out to be better than your players.

So for me it’s best to root and hope for the young men we drafted to be good to great additions to the team and in a couple years when you can make an accurate claim that favors your choices then you can go after him no?

Can’t really criticize to harshly at this point imo.
Fair enough. I appreciate the honest reply.

Of course I’m pulling for them. They’re now Miami Dolphins. I’m not going to dislike any of the players just bc I don’t agree with them. I’m also never ever going to pull against any of them bc that only hurts the Dolphins.

I hope they all become top level guys and lead us to a SB victory. I’ll be pulling for each and every one of them every week as hard as anybody else here.

What I’m saying is… I can fully disagree with who we picked and where we picked them and I can state why I dislike it and sometimes it is harsh but at the end of the day as I said they’re all Miami Dolphins now and that’s all that matters.

If this is the group that wins us the big one then whoever here can feed me the crow until the cows come home and I’ll gladly eat it.

Jacob Monk (C Duke)

Jacob Monk- GB
Trevor Keegan- Philly
Hunter Nourzad- KC

Ridiculous to say any of those OL are better than Wright. Jacob Monk, smh. Keegan and Nourzad same. Buffalo doesn't have a starting center, we do, I like van Pran but he's not better than an all-SEC running back.

You sound so bitter when you knock this team for not drafting OL up and down this draft. We got a very good player and a lot more depth at positions that are more important than IOL.
Take your lemon party somewhere else, the bashing before you even see these guys play is irritating. Go root for a team that drafts four OL every year, you'll be a lot happier

Ridiculous to say any of those OL are better than Wright. Jacob Monk, smh. Keegan and Nourzad same. Buffalo doesn't have a starting center, we do, I like van Pran but he's not better than an all-SEC running back.

You sound so bitter when you knock this team for not drafting OL up and down this draft. We got a very good player and a lot more depth at positions that are more important than IOL.
Take your lemon party somewhere else, the bashing before you even see these guys play is irritating. Go root for a team that drafts four OL every year, you'll be a lot happier
A third rate interior lineman over the 2nd or 3rd (depending on the evaluator) rated RB???

Heh!

Whether your Utah RT would have fit could be argued till the cows come home but since he is now with Seattle the debate is moot.

Anyone who says Paul does not fit the scheme either is incorrect and just looking to show their ignorance.

In the NFL, all head coaches have their preferred schemes and they acquire players that fit that scheme and what they want to do.

GMs have the final say on draft picks and free agents but they work in concert with the head coach with input from his assistants. No GM is going to just bring in players on his own, without input from the coaches. So, the groceries as you put it, are bought with the approval and agreement of the head coach. I don't see how you could think otherwise. Especially since this is a Dolphins forum and Chris Grier has specifically said that is how he and Mike work together to build the roster.

True. But moot means the opposite of what you think.

Moot= needing further debate
(In court of law) moot= needing further debate than feasible in court, therefore neither argument can be take into consideration

Thanks for proving my point.

Back
Top Bottom