Seeking a veteran pass rusher, the Dolphins brought in Carl Lawson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seeking a veteran pass rusher, the Dolphins brought in Carl Lawson

Early no. All season? Give me a break.
I always go back to Cam Wake and his Achilles recovery, 11.5 sacks and played the whole '16 season after tearing his Achilles the previous Halloween. By all accounts Phillips is doing well in his recovery, he's nearly a decade younger than Wake was at time of injury, Phillips should be able to contribute in '24 at a pretty high level. We'll see on Chubb, for now I'm going full Sgt. Schultz mode and pretending I didn't see the rumor about his recovery.

Hogans Heroes Sergeant Schultz GIF – Hogans Heroes Sergeant Schultz Sgt  Schultz – GIF-ek felfedezése és megosztása

It was decidedly odd that the Jets just *didn't play* Lawson after he recovered from his back injury. I can't imagine he'd be expensive, and he was productive in a rotational role with the Bengals and Jets.

Just...odd.
Injury guarantees, didn’t want to get stuck with them in case he got injured again ? Just a thought

How is Cameron Goode recovering? I thought he looked good in limited time before his injury.

Another sign we won't and can't rely on Phillips / Chubb for meaningful reps this season.
I think Chubb will likely miss most of the season. He tore his ACL only like 3.5 months ago. Maybe we see him if Miami can make the playoffs, but I wouldn't expect much. As for Phillips, if Fins can get a good half a season out of him it's a win. Don't forget it will still take time to regain their form when they do come back. Fins do need bodies to rush, so Lawson or some other vet is worth a look. Fins will probably have one of the worst pass rushes in the league. They have very limited pass rushers right now as they will be w/o 5 of their top sack leaders from last year to start the season. Also, Seiler will be doubled most of the time. Lots of holes on this team and not enough draft picks...

Back
Top Bottom