Stupid Rumors And Dumb Opinions About What The Dolphins Will Or Should Do Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupid Rumors And Dumb Opinions About What The Dolphins Will Or Should Do Thread

Tua is in the prime of his career, with or without a new contract, he could have a big year.

I don't discount Klatt's opinion that Mike could be sitting on untapped potential with a more mobile, bigger armed QB.

Still, way too many logistical issues for Miami to move off Tua.

It's a mystery how some people can't understand that stats alone mean nothing... you need to win in the playoffs to be successful, and that means beating the good teams. Imagine if Miami had scored 70 points in all of their wins except for the Dallas game, they would've shattered the scoring record. And then, take away one single FG from the Dallas win, and Miami loses that game and misses the playoffs. If that had actually happened, then what good were those stats? They're meaningless.

And in reality, Miami had the #1 Seed within their grasp late in the season but ended up barely making the playoffs as the #6 Seed, and they were lucky they made it at all. So, having a top 5 offense didn't help very much if they couldn't beat the good teams.
Exactly and the offense was a big reason why they couldn't beat good teams. They need more tools in the tool box on offense because good teams were able to shut them down with ease.

Last edited:
I’m not worried about 2023. What will they do in 2024?
More of the same I bet. Until they get more physical they will have trouble beating good teams. They are as soft as Charmin. They take after the personality of their nerd boy head coach.

Shouldn't 85% of the other threads in the forum be incorporated into this one?

Just Asking GIF

It's a mystery how some people can't understand that stats alone mean nothing... you need to win in the playoffs to be successful, and that means beating the good teams. Imagine if Miami had scored 70 points in all of their wins except for the Dallas game, they would've shattered the scoring record. And then, take away one single FG from the Dallas win, and Miami loses that game and misses the playoffs. If that had actually happened, then what good were those stats? They're meaningless.

And in reality, Miami had the #1 Seed within their grasp late in the season but ended up barely making the playoffs as the #6 Seed, and they were lucky they made it at all. So, having a top 5 offense didn't help very much if they couldn't beat the good teams.

You know, I was going to put you on my ignore list, but you've redeemed yourself by recognizing that your opinions belong in the dumb opinions thread. Could you also add your one about "trading Tua so fast his head would spin"? Just for posterity.

You know, I was going to put you on my ignore list, but you've redeemed yourself by recognizing that your opinions belong in the dumb opinions thread. Could you also add your one about "trading Tua so fast his head would spin"? Just for posterity.
Just wanted to add that if you think my wanting to trade Tua is a dumb idea, that's your opinion, and I can accept that. However, my saying that wins in the playoffs mean more than stats is NOT an opinion, it's a fact. So, why would you say this "fact" belongs in a dumb opinions thread?

Here goes another one...

I agree with Klatt, Penix would be a better fit for our offense. Penix has a stronger arm and is just as accurate as Tua if not more so especially on deep throws, Tua doesnt have the arm strength to make those throws. Hill almost always has to slow down which gives the defense an opportunity to contest the catch. Penix is no Lamar Jackson by any means but he is definitely more mobile than Tua and he is 2 inches taller giving him a better opportunity to scan the field.

Also Tua has yet to win a big game against a good team. I guess you could say the victory over the Cowboys on Christmas day is his biggest victory to date in which Sanders made 5 FG's. He was a no show against Ravens, Bills and Chiefs.

Back
Top Bottom