The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 107 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Bailey is short, but I think he's a real day 3 possibility for us.
He caught all 25 passes thrown to him this year... and he's a willing pass pro blocker.
Yes, he's only 5'7", but he's a muscled up, stocky guy.
I studied him the other day, workhorse type with natural feel, some real power behind his pads, not great speed but gets upfield quickly..

Wouldn’t say he’s a break away threat type player but perhaps good enough to unseat brooks

Last edited:
If you are looking for a LT Mims has a much better chance than Barton
Mims is the biggest unknown in Draft history.

For instance, if you brought in every LT prospect for the last 5 years, Mims would look like a top 5 player out of the entire group. He has size, measurables & his technique looks good.

The problem is the tiny sample size, the guy sat his freshman and sophomore year and last season, his 1st time to get to actually play. He gets injured and only plays 8 games.

He could be the best LT out of the whole class or he might just be a run if the mill RT and he might have flaws they havnt come to the surface yet, bc there is just so little film on the guy.

Also he has only played RT. I donno if he can play LT, he's athletic enough on paper but that's part of the problem, everything about Mims is just "on paper"

It's a possibility, but I'd prefer to keep Jackson at RT. He finally came into his own there.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

For instance, if you brought in every LT prospect for the last 5 years, Mims would look like a top 5 player out of the entire group. He has size, measurables & his technique looks good.

The problem is the tiny sample size, the guy sat his freshman and sophomore year and last season, his 1st time to get to actually play. He gets injured and only plays 8 games.

He could be the best LT out of the whole class or he might just be a run if the mill RT and he might have flaws they havnt come to the surface yet, bc there is just so little film on the guy.

Also he has only played RT. I donno if he can play LT, he's athletic enough on paper but that's part of the problem, everything about Mims is just "on paper"
Exactly. On paper he's fantastic. A great RT.

This Murphy dude is unreal. The more I learn the more I love.

It does stand out that two lesser regarded prospects have essentially the same success rate as Murphy...
You have to weigh the cost. Murphy who is likely to go mid 1st round, vs. Hall or Dorlus who should fall in the second to third round range.

Mims is one of those guys who weigh your capacity for risk...
Are you a gambler?
Tunsil was a gamble, but so was Bechton.

It does stand out that two lesser regarded prospects have essentially the same success rate as Murphy...
You have to weigh the cost. Murphy who is likely to go mid 1st round, vs. Hall or Dorlus who should fall in the second to third round range.
Great info. Miami does like both Hall and Dorlus.

I feel like there is some "squinting" going on, when evaluating these DTs. Don't get me wrong, there's Murphy, he's a 1st round talent, but after him, these guys just arnt 1st round prospects in most years. Not 2nds in most years either.

I feel like there is some "squinting" going on, when evaluating these DTs. Don't get me wrong, there's Murphy, he's a 1st round talent, but after him, these guys just arnt 1st round prospects in most years. Not 2nds in most years either.
I think that a number of them could end up being very good, but almost all of them are a bit smaller than ideal with the obvious exception of Sweat who I think will only be a run down player.

I dont hate this crop, indeed, I think there are a lot of second day prospects here.

Tunsil was a $10 bet on Red or Black.

Mims is like Betting a $100 on number 13.

Tunsil was a much safer bet.
That depends on how much you are willing to bet on character concerns... in general, I avoid them like the plague.
As a smoker myself, the gas mask usage didn't scare me, it was the fact that his own stepfather (I think) was the one trying to torpedo him... I've seen way to many NFL players crash and burn (sometimes literally) because of this off field stupidity.

All that said, my capacity for risk is pretty high and I watched him fall with glee. ...and I'd take Mims if he falls to us. There are a couple that I like better, but drafting a ten year player always appeals to me.

Back
Top Bottom