The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Barton was one of the first guys I liked going back months ago. I'd be fine with him if we stayed at #21.
I highlighted Barton, in the draft buffet early in the college season. At the time I didn't know how versatile he is. The guy would be an incredible safe and valuable pick for Miami at #21. But unfortunately I'm not sure he makes it to them. He's appearently moved up into the top half of the first round.

I firmly believe that a good WR 3 would move the needle for Miami, but I don't like the WR options in the first. I don't see the allure Brian Thomas beyond height/speed. He struggles with separation which I find is the #1 metric that translates to the NFL from college. He has many of the same concerns I had with the Devante Parker pick (which I hated).

In the first, there will be several good trench options. My first choice is Fautanu. If he doesn't make it to us then I'd love to trade down a bit since I suspect there will be 4 or 5 other trench options I have rated similarly.

I firmly believe that a good WR 3 would move the needle for Miami, but I don't like the WR options in the first. I don't see the allure Brian Thomas beyond height/speed. He struggles with separation which I find is the #1 metric that translates to the NFL from college. He has many of the same concerns I had with the Devante Parker pick (which I hated).

In the first, there will be several good trench options. My first choice is Fautanu. If he doesn't make it to us then I'd love to trade down a bit since I suspect there will be 4 or 5 other trench options I have rated similarly.
I agree 100%.

One thing is very likley, if we stay at #21 and there is a run on Corners before we pick..... we are gonna have one or two absolute studs fall to us.

I would not be upset if Miami stayed at 21 and got either Barton or DeJean (Iowa).

DeJean has the versatility and seems like BMore type player

Jalynn Polk (Washington) has the size/stature to be an X WR. The question remains could he come in right away and be WR3.

I would not be upset if Miami stayed at 21 and got either Barton or DeJean (Iowa).

DeJean has the versatility and seems like BMore type player

Jalynn Polk (Washington) has the size/stature to be an X WR. The question remains could he come in right away and be WR3.
The absolute funniest thing about this draft, to me personally is my grades on the Corners.

I have round 1 grades on DeJean, Mitchell, Arnold and even Kool-aid. I think if they go to any of the other 31 teams they will all be good players. However if Grier takes one of them in Round 1, I will immediatly project that player to be a bust bc of Greirs abysmal track record with corners. I'm furious about Igbo and every day that passes the Cam Smith pick pisses me off a little more, bit by bit.

We do love players with injury concerns.
I hate that narrative. Miami is looking for an edge by getting talented players who slide in the draft or will accept less money in free agency because they are coming back from injury. It’s a calculated risk that pays off quite often.

Pittsburgh picks in front of Miami and can potentially steal a player Miami had intended to draft. They've been all over the OLine prospects.

The absolute funniest thing about this draft, to me personally is my grades on the Corners.

I have round 1 grades on DeJean, Mitchell, Arnold and even Kool-aid. I think if they go to any of the other 31 teams they will all be good players. However if Grier takes one of them in Round 1, I will immediatly project that player to be a bust bc of Greirs abysmal track record with corners. I'm furious about Igbo and every day that passes the Cam Smith pick pisses me off a little more, bit by bit.

Grier does have a less than stellar track record when it comes to CB's. That said, I understand the rationale behind the selection of Iggybananas & Cam Smith.

It IMO is too early to call Cam a bust. What frustrates me is Fangio refusing to play him. Could he have been any worse than than Kohou?

Back
Top Bottom