The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

I think the Cam Smith/Vic Fangio situation was more of a personality than a talent issue. No one said a negative word about Cam Smith's offeseason and practice performances. Which were stellar. It came down to Fangio's preferences. I thought Cam Smith played himself into a role. But Fangio got in the way and then Smith injured himself and didn't see the field again.

The absolute funniest thing about this draft, to me personally is my grades on the Corners.

I have round 1 grades on DeJean, Mitchell, Arnold and even Kool-aid. I think if they go to any of the other 31 teams they will all be good players. However if Grier takes one of them in Round 1, I will immediatly project that player to be a bust bc of Greirs abysmal track record with corners. I'm furious about Igbo and every day that passes the Cam Smith pick pisses me off a little more, bit by bit.
I’d bet just about every GM in the league has a shaky track record when it comes to CB. It’s probably the hardest position to project into the NFL.

I’m starting to doubt you are going to move down and still have Barton available.

Ya I hear ya, 24 is a strong possibility with Dallas.

If you're moving down in that situation, to say 29, its because you have 3-4 guys your confident in and feel you can get at least one. Otherwise its a tough gamble. I am gambler so I am likely taking the chance and taking the additional assets.

If there is a team wanting to move up I would trade down and get more picks. If not I am looking at Fautanu, Barton, Mims, Latham at 21.
With a trade down I am looking at the guys I mentioned plus Newton, Murphy, and Jenkins at DT.
At 55 there are plenty of players to consider…
Orhorhoro, Fiske, Zinter, Beebe, Haynes, Amegadjie, Paul, and Suamataia.

Trade down and get Graham Barton or Kris Jenkins. Then get Orhorhoro or Zinter at 55. Plus you get Jerry Rice’s son with the extra pick you receive.

Home run!

I think the Cam Smith/Vic Fangio situation was more of a personality than a talent issue. No one said a negative word about Cam Smith's offeseason and practice performances. Which were stellar. It came down to Fangio's preferences. I thought Cam Smith played himself into a role. But Fangio got in the way and then Smith injured himself and didn't see the field again.

Fangio has professionally coached countless number of players since the 1980s. It’s silly to suppose that Fangio keep putting Eli Apple out there to get burned and hurt his defense because of personal differences with Cam imo.

If he said Cam had to work on everything, then I trust his judgment the kid wasn’t ready as a rookie. However, this is a new year and opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom