The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 91 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Verse has some hip stiffness I don't think Myles Garrett has, nor does R Quinn but I think I prefer him over every OL we could possibly get with the possible exceptions of Barton and of course, Fautanu. Really hope Fashanu drops because of the small hands. I think he'd make every draft fan in this forum happy
Verse IMO compares to Chubb more than anyone else. Both are more about power than elite quickness when it comes to beating the OT with their pass rush.

Fcck his gawd damned 40 time. That means fcck all. His 3 cone, shuttle, VJ, and BJ all combine to indicate a 1st round talent from an athletic perspective. Most of the top OTs are too afraid to do the cone or shuttle because they know they aren't good enough at either for them to help their draft stock.
Something you should know - Largo cares only about measurables. Nothing else. I think he’s said he’d only draft Marvin Harrison jr on day 3 or something absurd like that

Armstead overcame similar arm length with good athleticism. Barton is more athletic. And strength is one of those things that almost always improve in the NFL. Whether Barton turns into a really good T will have everything to do with his circumstances. He has all the ability needed.
Maybe, but TA is a master of technique, hand use, counters, etc.

You can propose that good coaching can help anyone in those areas but there are a whole bunch of guys with long starting careers that never attain the skill level of Armstead. His propensity for injury is his only flaw. Assuming any individual will get to his level of play is a stretch.

So by your logic, Miami should bypass potentially a future starting tackle in the first round to draft a guard because Miami’s most immediate need is a guard. Or to pass on potentially better player for something who can gets snaps this year. That’s how teams fail to have sustained success. Do you pay attention to how a team like Baltimore drafts?
Sorry, gotta call BS here. I agree with your idea that we shouldn't pass on a better player at 21 for a guard. I don't agree with the idea that we can afford to be patient with an OT we draft in round 1 bc we think he can play LT in a year or two. That's not what Baltimore does.

Almost every Raven first round pick in the last 10 years, Flowers, Hamilton, Linderbaum, Queen,Bateman etc got significant snaps and played a lot as rookies. The Penn State DE Oweh might be the rare exception.

Not many teams are drafting a guy in the FIRST round they can afford to be patient with. You can't wait around anymore and let players develop for a year or two. 14 draft picks in three years without much production is going to hurt this team unless they can turn it around and get 2-3 players from this draft to come in and play well this year.

Just an interesting tidbit here from above. Apparently the Eagles signed Smith to his fifth year deal ($15.5 million guaranteed), then signed him to the three-year extension, so the full contract goes through 2028.

So it really turns out to be 4 yrs $90 million with roughly $67 million guaranteed (if all the numbers of the 3 year deal are correct).

Back
Top Bottom