The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 104 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Not Troy Fautanu? Or the belief is he gets picked in top 10 and won't make it to 21?
has to be he thinks he goes top 10, if he doesn’t either he completely forgot or I don’t trust his evaluation of the player :)

Been #1 player for us imo..also I think he’s the best tackle/guard prospect in the draft.

It goes both ways but I guess I'm the bad guy because I don't believe we should reach for another OL who is going to take years to develop.

Disagreement are fine. But when you keep repeating BS just to enforce your OL derangement syndrome ideas people are going to push back. Its a group think thing in here where people will say "its so obvious OL is our biggest need" or "we don't need any more WRs" or "this guy can play LT because he's athletic". Or my favorite "there's no difference between the top two DTs and the second round ones". These have never been good arguments and should be swatted. sorry you don't like that but maybe there needs to be a separate forum for the OL or die crew. I'll stay the hell out of that one.
I don’t understand your downgrading of Mims. The tape is very good.

I’ve been pretty clear that I don’t see OL in the first round as a “must” or even necessarily a preference depending on the status of Phillips/Chubb, but yeah, I like Mims.

You’re not going to find many 6’8, 340 pound OTs with 36+ inch arms and 11+ inch hands. You’re going to find zero, other than Mims, who also run a 5.07 40.

I’d be perfectly happy to draft him at 21. He’s probably a pick for the future, though. Not sure he plays much in 2024—not for us.

He is also very lean. There are very few people his size on the planet, meaning height, weight, body fat ratio.

Mims' talent is top 10 but he is like Armstead, availability is a big issue.
They can get a tackle, first round tackle in second round. A tackle or guard is not a reason to keep #21 pick.

Back
Top Bottom