The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 111 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

The only one who is projected to maybe available is Barton, who I like a lot, but he projects as a Guard.
Right. If LT is the goal, I think Miami could trade down for Guyton, Morgan, maybe Mims. Foster later on.

I have a feeling Guyton goes quicker than expected, though. His upside is through the roof.

But, I really like Barton. And, in a way, I feel with Tua at quarterback being strong in the middle of the offensive line is more important.

Top 50 draft busts of the last 50 years.

Just something to talk about it.

Jets have 4 of the top 29 on this particular list.

Dion Jordan checks in at No.19.

Justin Fields tied for 5th? That’s nonsense, with Trubisky at 39th? Ya right. Mitchell should be much higher than Fields, who shouldn’t even be on the list.

A lot of Bears, Bengals, Raiders and Jets on the board.
I think it's too early to call Fields a bust. Although, he's trending in that direction.

I think it's too early to call Fields a bust. Although, he's trending in that direction.

I am ok with labeling him that, for now. But to call him an all time historic bust is negligent. Just in terms of the Bears QB's Cade McNown and Mitch Trubisky are bigger busts.

If the Panthers had won 4-5 games last year the Bears would still be building around Fields and giving him a chance with a semi-decent roster.

Putting him at 5th all-time is ridiculous.

Im sure its already been said but I could see a team trading up in our spot to get Penix.

Which team though? That's the part I'm struggling to identify.

The Giants have the 47th pick. The Seahawks don't have a 2nd rounder (which is why the Giants have the 47th pick).

The Raiders and Saints pick in the teens so one would assume they'd pull the trigger themselves first rather than unload a bunch of assets.

If we're talking about sleeper teams, maybe Atlanta (43rd)? Maybe New Orleans (45th)? LAR (52nd)? All these teams would have to give up a 2025 first to get up to 21.

In terms of teams picking behind us, maybe Tampa Bay? Outside chance the Cowboys could be moving on from Prescott?

Which team though? That's the part I'm struggling to identify.

The Giants have the 47th pick. The Seahawks don't have a 2nd rounder (which is why the Giants have the 47th pick).

The Raiders and Saints pick in the teens so one would assume they'd pull the trigger themselves first rather than unload a bunch of assets.

If we're talking about sleeper teams, maybe Atlanta (43rd)? Maybe New Orleans (45th)? LAR (52nd)? All these teams would have to give up a 2025 first to get up to 21.

In terms of teams picking behind us, maybe Tampa Bay? Outside chance the Cowboys could be moving on from Prescott?
Really good point. I think there's a better chance all six are off the board before Miami picks.

But teams may move up for a corner (Mitchell, Wiggins) or Thomas, if they feel there's a wide receiver drop off after him. Or they just love his upside.

I still think SF is the team to watch. Pick 31 and 63 for 21.

I agree that Barton is a better fit than JPJ but I have reservations that Barton will ever be a long term solution at LT. He may be able to get you through an emergency at LT, but I doubt he would ever be a plus starter there.
He won't be.

He will be a stud inside and maybe could play LT in an emergency but he is going to be a Pro Bowl IOL.

You could argue that since the LT is not protecting Tua's blindside Miami could put Barton out there since his hands and feet do a lot to make up for his less than OT arm length.

Really good point. I think there's a better chance all six are off the board before Miami picks.

But teams may move up for a corner (Mitchell, Wiggins) or Thomas, if they feel there's a wide receiver drop off after him. Or they just love his upside.

I still think SF is the team to watch. Pick 31 and 63 for 21.

I've said a few times that if I were betting on what position ultimately is selected 21st, I'd put my money on CB.

I think Philly, GB and Detroit could all be in play. If the Steelers take a CB at 20, which is possible (although I think OT is more likely), then the rest of those teams could get antsy.

Even though the Eagles only pick one spot behind us, I think there are a lot of variables that could help facilitate trading down to 22. The Dolphins would surely like to swap our 55th pick for the Eagles 50th pick (they also have 53 so its a very minor transaction for them). Additionally, the Eagles have a bunch of 5th round picks (161, 171 and 172) along with picks 120 and 210. The Eagles don't need all those picks this year, while only having a 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year. Would make sense for us to take one of those 5th rounders off their hands and give them one back next year, when we already have an extra 5th from Denver, in addition to the compensatory picks we'll be acquiring. It makes sense for both teams to swap some assets.

If we can pick up 171 or 172 from Philly, we can package that with 158 and possibly get into the 120's and pick up a legit prospect.

I know GB needs an OT but CB is right behind that.

Detroit obviously needs a CB and I'd love to get my hands on pick 73.

Last edited:
I've said a few times that if I were betting on what position ultimately is selected 21st, I'd put my money on CB.

I think Philly, GB and Detroit could all be in play. If the Steelers take a CB at 20, which is possible (although I think OT is more likely), then the rest of those teams could get antsy.

Even though the Eagles only pick one spot behind us, I think there are a lot of variables that could help facilitate trading down to 22. The Dolphins would surely like to swap our 55th pick for the Eagles 50th pick (they also have 53 so its a very minor transaction for them). Additionally, the Eagles have a bunch of 5th round picks (161, 171 and 172) along with picks 120 and 210. The Eagles don't need all those picks this year, while they only have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year. Would make sense for us to take one of those 5th rounders off their hands and give them one back next year, when we already an extra 5th from Denver, in addition to the compensatory picks we'll be acquiring. It makes sense for both teams to swap some assets.

If we can pick up 171 or 172 from Philly, we can package that with 158 and possibly get into the 120's and pick up a legit prospect.

I know GB needs an OT but CB is right behind that.

Detroit obviously needs a CB and I'd love to get my hands on pick 73.
Agree.

Back
Top Bottom