The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 115 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Imo graham barton is a pro bowl guard masking as a left tackle.

So while I think he will fight tooth and nail and sometimes cheat to get the job done at tackle, and win a lot, guard is his home where he has a David Decastro type ceiling.

He held his own against Jared Verse fyi.
Agree.

how about choosing between a much higher-rated WR, such as BTJ, or the 5th or 6th OT? If BTJ is on the board at 21, we could see teams like Buffalo and KC trying to trade up, and it would be a little disconcerting to trade with either and strengthen either to that degree at WR. With his catch radius, speed, etc, BTJ could be wicked with Josh Allen throwing to him. With Mahomes throwing, it would be a nightmare for the opposition. Even if we would not be strengthening the OL, drafting BTJ would keep him out of the hands of arch-rivals and in a couple of years would be solidified as Waddle's opposite number after Hill moves on.
That's what makes this draft so fascinating! It all depends on who is still on the board. Yes, I would strongly consider BTJ at 21, (although I strongly doubt he will be there) and then take an OT at 55 (Amedadjie from Yale?) . I'm also not opposed to using one of our 3rd round picks from next year to get another mid round pick this year. We cant fill all our needs in this draft, but I think we can solidify a good foundation for the future (OL, WR, maybe an Edge)

That's what makes this draft so fascinating! It all depends on who is still on the board. Yes, I would strongly consider BTJ at 21, (although I strongly doubt he will be there) and then take an OT at 55 (Amedadjie from Yale?) . I'm also not opposed to using one of our 3rd round picks from next year to get another mid round pick this year. We cant fill all our needs in this draft, but I think we can solidify a good foundation for the future (OL, WR, maybe an Edge)
I was looking at Bob McGinn's WR rankings and scouts' comments and writeups on another site. Tyler Dunne's Go Long will have them all available for every position in the next few days. If anyone subscribes is it allowed to copy and paste them here? Or would that be illegal sharing of content even if giving it away?
Anyway, I will say this, the 4th WR was not BTJ in his rankings. It is...drum roll, please...

Xavier Worthy!!

Knowing MM's love for speed and the attention he paid to Worthy at the Texas Pro Day, do not be shocked if he is the pick at 21.

That's really close to how I view it as well. I'd probably stay away from Sweat, unless there's a weight clause in his contract. At 330, he could be a monster.

I would look Hall or Orhorhorro at 55. Depending on who else is available.
It will be required that if we pick Orhorhoro, you say his name in your best Scooby-Do voice.

I was looking at Bob McGinn's WR rankings and scouts' comments and writeups on another site. Tyler Dunne's Go Long will have them all available for every position in the next few days. If anyone subscribes is it allowed to copy and paste them here? Or would that be illegal sharing of content even if giving it away?
Anyway, I will say this, the 4th WR was not BTJ in his rankings. It is...drum roll, please...

Xavier Worthy!!

Knowing MM's love for speed and the attention he paid to Worthy at the Texas Pro Day, do not be shocked if he is the pick at 21.
Worthy could be fun as a replacement for Hill in the future. I'm a fan of Leggette. I think he will have a nice NFL career and could be a beast for us.

Back
Top Bottom