The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 117 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Today... I am attempting to put together my first, and likely only full 32 position mock draft... and while I feel as I can make coherent arguments for my first 11 selections... everything falls apart when I get to Denver at #12.

Here is a team with a massive hole at QB, but which is in complete rebuild mode AND lacks a 2nd round selection with which to credibly move up in the draft.

So... I think that #12 is the inflection point in this year's draft. Unless Denver is really willing to take Penix, or more likely Nix in this spot (which I think is unlikely)... this is the spot that should be available.

This is the spot that determines which position where we are most apt to see a run. Verse, Latu, Arnold, Murphy, Latham... I've got all of them on the board at this point... and I believe that the player that falls here is the player who destroys 99% of our mock drafts.

Last edited:
I could see the Dolphins taking that. I’ve said I want three 2nd round picks. That would make Friday night a lot of fun.
But would leave Miami without a 1st on Thursday. But again Miami could be tempted to trade down from #55, gaining perhaps a 3rd and another pick in the 5th or 6th.

This is the 2nd time I've seen the TJ Watt comp for Latu. Latu and Dejean are the guys, I can see Miami selecting from a defensive standpoint at #21. If they don't trade out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom